Bladderwort Argh!@#$ - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (21/96%)
Bladderwort [email protected]#$

ITs so ironic that bladderwort minor is so hard to get of out of my tank, and some how the plant is listed as endanger. Can anyone explain why? I have a nice thick carpet of this stuff that I throw out everymonth. I wish I can do that with HC

PLANTS Profile for Utricularia minor (lesser bladderwort) | USDA PLANTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:28 AM

PTrader: (59/100%)
tell me about it. I obsessively pick it out of my moss every other day...arrrrgh
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 03:18 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
things for me to avoid

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 03:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via AIM to JenThePlantGeek
I have what I think is Utricularia gibbia in a coworkers tank which I help take care of. It is rather messy - it just LOVES to hang out in moss, doesn't it??? I just aquired some U. graminifolia though, and I think it is rather charming.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- VP & Horticulture Awards Program Chair
I <3 Eheim #195
Everyone seems normal... until you get to know them.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
I got a moss sample from a careless someone last Month, and didn't know how to recognize bladderwort till I had already put his moss in my tank. It's taken all Month of me going in with tweezers every other day to get rid of those knotted threads. fortunately, they grow fast which makes them easy to spot and pull out. Hopefully in the coming few weeks I'll finally have it licked, but I really feel sorry for anyone with a large densely planted tank who waits too long to remove their bladderwort, because once it gets well entrenched into your foreground and feather leaf plants, it's game over...

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to frozenbarb
its Horribles i dont know it got in my tank but its everywhere

One month in.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquadise View Post
ITs so ironic that bladderwort minor is so hard to get of out of my tank, and some how the plant is listed as endanger. Can anyone explain why? I have a nice thick carpet of this stuff that I throw out everymonth. I wish I can do that with HC

PLANTS Profile for Utricularia minor (lesser bladderwort) | USDA PLANTS
Do you really have Utricularia minor? How did you get it? As far as I know very few people grow it. I think you are confusing Utricularia minor for Utricularia gibba.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode