I LOVE planted tanks...do YOU!? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
I LOVE planted tanks...do YOU!?

Im relatively new to this forum, and im young, only 20 years wise...yet ive come to the realization that I have indeed found the passion of my life. Nothing other than planted aquaria has gotten so deep under my skin...

nothing else has affected me so deeply in my life as this wonderful hobby. No other hobby i can possibly think of has this much innovation, this much peer support, this much community.

I never could imagine a hobby like this becoming so enthralling, so addicting that i couldnt let go..even if i wanted to try.

I can honestly say that since day one i was hooked, i was in love, and i will never go back..no where else can an individual develop such a sense for true beauty, a connection to those things wild, uncontrollable, unpredictable, and utterly amazing.

to see the fish swim happily, to see the flora grow to unprecidented potential, to experience what few others will ever, is truly and thankfully amazing.

I wish anyone who reads this thread, and anyone who was in the past a part of this hobby, who is presently infatuated, or who..in the future will be addicted; godspeed, long life and wisdom, for you all demand our entire respect and our admiration..

we all love this hobby for our own reasons...i love it because of the community, because of the passion, but most of all, because it makes me get up every day and feed my plants and my fish--

--but mostly because its me..

--cheers to my peers (hehe, finally a rhyme)

Eheim Pimpin 225

--GTO--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 04:45 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (92/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Baliban
I know just what you mean, you should try to make it to a dvaga meeting. You can meet a bunch of people who all feel the same as you. I still get a great feeling when i get to talk about this stuff with people who know just how i feel.

We had a meeting today and it was great!! Here are liinks to our meeting today....
DVAGA Meeting Oct 21th - Focus On Photography - Aquatic Plant Central- aquascaping...a living art
Today's Meeting - Aquatic Plant Central- aquascaping...a living art

Our APC forum....

Delaware Valley Aquatic Gardener's Association - Aquatic Plant Central- aquascaping...a living art

And our website....

Delaware Valley Aquatic Gardeners Association - Planted Aquarium Enthusiasts - Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey

Let me know if you would like some more info.

Hope to see you around.

jB
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

ive been waiting for an invite to a club! hehe

i def. want some more info--im all ears

Eheim Pimpin 225

--GTO--

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
i hear you, i'm 20 too and i've got 2 tanks set up in my tiny little dorm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
J.B. since you are relatively young, allow me to extend your passion beyond this typical hobby and help you focus on what could be a life choice.

the thing about this hobby I find myself actually passionate is the idea that we are all trying to create an ecosystem that is not just aesthetically pleasing, but is also healthy for the fish and plants, and as self sustaining as possible. I find my appreciation for Ecology, healthy food, healthy environmental air and water, and desire to help with green causes around me growing.

If I were a younger man, I might have channeled that passion into my vocation. decades ago when I was your age, a green vocation was not lucrative at all, but now such vocations are more lucrative than ever. the markets demand healthier food processing, building are made greener with water and heat reprocessing, water and air filtration, water reclamation, green mineral mining, new technologies in organic farming, recycling, low emissions power generation, green marketing, entertainment, economics, education and publishing, the possibilities are endless.

Such a vocation will not only be lucrative and fulfilling, but can help make this planted fish tank called Earth, that we all live in, a better place for our children to inherit. it's a fortunate person who finds his "calling" in life, and perhaps your enthusiasm for planted tanks can be extended to your educational and vocational pursuits. just some food for thought

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Very poetic ... english major by chance? lol

yup, I'm another one bit by the aquarium bug, I'm in an apartment, and have 8 tanks set up ... when will the madness end haha

Is Hokey Pokey Really What It's all about ?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:10 PM

PTrader: (7/100%)
Hey Buckallew-- Hey! I am 20 too!

I totaly know what you mean about aquascaping/planted aquaria being amazing. I still remember the life-changing experience I had the first time I saw a real aquascape face to face. At that time I had no idea what it was, but I thought it must surely the most amazing art form ever!

Don't know if I'd want to be part of the kind of stuff spypet mentioned, but I would definitely love to be a part of this for the rest of my life! Right now my dream is to become a pro aquascaper one day. Not quite sure what that means yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out. lol

Few others ever will? That idea I don't quite agree with-- we're definitely, going to spread aquascaping to the general wisdom of the whole world!! One day, when I can say "aquascaping" or "aquarium garden design" and have anyone who hears it know exactly what I'm talking about. Well, I suppose that might be more than a lifetime's worth of work!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmiddlefinger View Post

Few others ever will? That idea I don't quite agree with-- we're definitely, going to spread aquascaping to the general wisdom of the whole world!! One day, when I can say "aquascaping" or "aquarium garden design" and have anyone who hears it know exactly what I'm talking about. Well, I suppose that might be more than a lifetime's worth of work!
im sure that many tohers will..but teh vast majority of people i dont think will be as into this as many of us..if i could get hooked anyone can hehe

Lojack: Very poetic ... english major by chance? lol

im not an english major persay, but i did start out college as a profesisonal writing major. I soon switched to business financial advising with minors in horticulture and management.

my dream is to one day open my own studio to design, sell, and service aquascapes. i also want to go into aquatic plant porpagatio nand production.

anyone else interested in starting a business with me? im all ears and open to new ideas.

cheers,

Eheim Pimpin 225

--GTO--
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (92/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Baliban
Hey JB,

check out our forum over on APC, check out all the threads, you can see a bunch of our tanks. If you are not a member, join so that you can rap with us all.

Delaware Valley Aquatic Gardener's Association - Aquatic Plant Central- aquascaping...a living art

Also, check out the site Delaware Valley Aquatic Gardeners Association - Planted Aquarium Enthusiasts - Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey ....sorry its still under some construction.

Also, PM me your email so i can get you on the mailing list for the club.

jB
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
You guys are cracking me up. I like the 8 tanks and when will this madness end the best! LOL

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
CAF

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb416 View Post
I never could imagine a hobby like this becoming so enthralling, so addicting that i couldnt let go..even if i wanted to try.
Welcome to the addiction! MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) eventually gets us all, and contrary to some other posts you will find on these forums, there is no such thing as one really AWESOME tank syndrome. That is just a stepping stone to the next stage of MTS... RAMTS (Really Awesome Multiple Tanks Syndrome)... Good luck and I'm glad to see younger people getting so interested in the aquaria hobby.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode