Plants not pearling? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Plants not pearling?

Hello everyone I appreciate any help you can give me on this one.

I just set up a 29g tank about 4 days ago but the first two days my co2 was broken so I didn't run my lights much. I got my CO2 fixed and have been running it so my drop checker is lime green. I have been diffusing the co2 directly into the intake because I lost my diffuser ( ) and I put it directly underneath the spray bar so it would be the lowest CO2 area in the tank.

I also have been dosing the Seachem line to their recommendations (a little over). I want to switch to EI dosing but I have a bunch of Seachem stuff left from when I had smaller tanks and am going to finish the bottles before moving on.

My lighting is a 2 bulb T5HO Catalina fixture with two 6700k bulbs...

Why arent any of my plants pearling? The stems are starting to perk up and grow toward the light so they are reacting positively but no pearls. The HC is kinda in stasis mode ... I had it in a tub for about a year growing emersed so Im guessing its not very happy right now. Hydrocotyle is also growing towards the light but once again no pearls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 02:39 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Plants don't always pearl in planted setups, just because they're not pearling doesn't mean they aren't supplying oxygen to the tank. As long as they are growing, and look healthy then you have nothing to worry about.

15g Fluval Flex - Will be a planted shrimp tank

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode