Buying livestock in bulk - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (77/97%)
Buying livestock in bulk

Looking for source to buy livestock in bulk for a good price.... I want to buy hundreds of fw shrimps at a time, hundreds of rams, cpds, african cichlids, plecos, corys, etc.... at a time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 12:22 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
That sounds expensive and iffy at the same time. The expensive part your aware of otherwise you would be doing it. The iffy part is, will the supplier have all you want.

I see there only being 2 choices. 1) A lfs. Not a chain store though. Have a reputable lfs order your livestock. They can tell you if and when their supplier will have it. Most of the time with such an order, they will throw in some extras for you. In your case, a lot of extras. 2) Online is a great way but with the shipping it will raise the cost for sure. Online will guarantee live - stock if you overnight your order. Same with plants. Beyond overnight its void for a lot of places and your SOL. I order all my fish from aquariumfish.net but there are many others out there. Where ever you order, I would call before ordering online. Better yet, call and order on the phone so they can verify the stock.

Getting them thru a local club or anywhere else you can expect to not receive everything at once.

Eheim Pimp #509
Finnex Club Member #31
The Fraternity of Dirt #146

Builds -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned

anyone else with recommendations?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (89/98%)
license:
http://www.fws.gov/le/commercial-wildlife-shipment.html

form:
http://www.fws.gov/le/pdf/3177_1.pdf

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 08:06 AM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
Re: Buying livestock in bulk

nvm

Courtesy * Integrity * Perseverance * Indominable Spirit * and Self Control
Tenets of TKD

Last edited by OVT; 06-06-2013 at 03:46 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
I assume these will be for resale? If so, obtain a business license and TAX ID then you can order from large wholesale companies. Some, such as Segrestfarms, will only sell to pet shops with a retail location. This protects their customers in the end and is good business practice for wholesalers.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I am doing this right now as a hobby. I want to get the best deals in bulk (significantly cheaper than buying a few at a time). I will keep all the shrimp. The fish I will keep many, cherry picking the best ones and unloading the rest to friends and local forum.

Have 21 tanks to fill.

Later if I ever do get a LFS going I will obtain a license of course

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode