Weight of an AGA 125? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
Weight of an AGA 125?

Can somebody tell me approximately how much an empty AGA 125 weighs? I may have located a used one locally (guy can't tell me much about it, it was "in the house when I moved in") and need to know how many people it's going to take to move the thing if it is indeed worth the money.

Sláinte!
Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
two people can move them just fine. they weight maybe somewhere in the mid 100 pound range. they really arent that bad to carry. just awkward since they are long

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

all gone now

Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks! I'll be going to look at it this weekend.

Maybe I'll have that 125 I've been wanting sooner than I think .

Sláinte!
Cindy

-
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to the_noobinator
did you find on craigslist?

30gal extra high:

10gal:

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Yup . Craigslist is what eBay used to be like. I wish I could get to it sooner, but my truck is down and payday's not 'til Friday .

Sláinte!
Cindy

-

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

man, no one around my area has used tanks for sale. i look every few days.

what category did you find it in? maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

30gal extra high:

10gal:

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Look under "General" and do a search for "aquarium." FWIW I've been looking on and off for at least 6 months. Everyone wants to sell their complete marine setups when they get tired of taking care of them for like $3000 or something . Which obviously is not what I'm looking for.

Sláinte!
Cindy

-

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:04 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
AGA's website lists the 125g at 206 lbs. I've moved one before with 2 people, and honestly it didn't feel nearly as heavy as 206 lbs.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

nothing in my local craigslist, but i found a great deal in the philly one. unfortunately, i won't have the dough for another month or so. moving drains the muscles and the wallet.

30gal extra high:

10gal:

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks Rob. I'm assuming this is an AGA, the fellow doesn't know of course, but that's what you usually find in this area, those and Perfecto. Hmmm. He actually said it's 24" tall which is taller than the AGA 125 is supposed to be, but being as how he originally also said (in his listing) that it was 12.5" deep (front to back) I'm not sure I trust that measurement either . Although the 12.5 could have been a typo I s'pose, as with the trim it would be around 18.5. At least the 72" long is consistent .

Sláinte!
Cindy

-

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
200lbs with two full grown men is nothing, unless both of you have bad backs and need to lift it 10ft.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Algae Grower

Craigslist is where I got mine (well... the one I broke a couple weeks ago). 20g hex with hood, light, heater and a sturdy cabinet to put it on all from $80.

Getting it all into a Mazda 626 was the hard part.

Ian
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
wow..206....sure doesnt fell that heavy

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

all gone now

Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I have a hard time swallowing 206 lbs. I've never moved that exact tank, but I've moved a 90 and a 120. The 120 might have weighed a little more than 106, but not 206.

If it's 24 inches tall and 18 wide, that would make it a 135. But are you sure that it's 18 wide? Somebody used to make a tank that was 72 x 12 x 24 (I think) that was sold as a 100 gallon (I think).
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Have no idea Canoe2Can (wow! My 1000th post!) I e-mailed him asking for a verification of the measurements he had in the ad (12.5"x24.5"x72.5") as I thought it was rather odd dimensions (I see he's since corrected his ad,) since most tanks, at least these days, that are that long are 18" deep. The extra half inch would be the trim I think. Anyway, I'm going to assume at this point I'll be bringing this thing home this weekend unless it really is some odd size that's unsuitable or is in really bad shape.

Sláinte!
Cindy

-

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode