What's Up With Aquatic-Store.Com...???? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)
What's Up With Aquatic-Store.Com...????

I wish this were some kind of Joke, but I guess its not. After checking the Negative and Neutral Feedback on Ebay for Aquatic-Store.com I figured I would Post and try to find out what the deal is---since I certainly cannot find S-Q-U-A-T out from them. They are PT Supporters and I must say: After 10 yrs of being on the internet--this purchase is turning out to be the 2nd worst experience I've had Yet!

They Don't Answer the Phone. They Don't Return Calls. They don't respond to email. They generate AirBills (DHL) and then Don't ship the Goods! What is up with THAT??

Ebay FeedBack For Aquatic-Store.com

Check out their negative and Neutral Feedback. Sadly, My case isn't an Isolated incident.

Yes, I have already tried "resolving" this with the "Vendor". That's the problem--they've got my money and apparently they don't know me anymore....

Anybody else get Yanked around by this "Wonderful" PT Supporter???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Naja002; 07-18-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
uh oh sounds like a scam to me. either that or a really big foulup....but the negative feedback does generate some worry
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
Sounds like they gotcha by the short and curlies.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:21 AM
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
I ordered a JBJ Co2 regulator from them. It arrived and was not packaged in another box. They just stuck a shipping label to it and sent it on its way. Obviously when it arrived at my house it was really banged up and torn! I tried to contact them and but I couldn't get a hold of anyone. So I left neutral feedback just saying they're packaging was very bad and they left neutral feedback for me saying "Didn't contact customer service". What bs, I'm not ordering from them again and I have heard a lot of other complaints about them...

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Damn, and here I have been spending time and money packaging my regulators.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:34 AM
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
lol, I know. What were you thinking Rex??

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
Hmmm that makes me kind of worried since I just purchased a jbj regulator from them. I sent them a question about whether or not it had been shipped and they gave me a date, so all I can do is wait. I don't think it's a scam, just poor customer service.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:56 AM

Don't even get me started on these people. I ordered 2 bulbs for a nano cube. I ordered one 10k and one 6500k. They sent a 10k and a 12k. No receipt or nothing in the box. I've tried to call numerous times and all you get is an answering machine saying they are busy packing orders in the warehouse and to use the email. I've emailed a few times and am STILL waiting for a reply. They are on my permanent knock-off list.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (87/100%)
It may be possible that the posts you were searching for were deleted by an admin. It wouldn't be the first time a negative post about a vendor would have been deleted here or other places. You end up thinking the vendor is great because all you see are the positive experiences due to fear of litigation. Hell of a way to do business IMO.

Regards,
Robert

48G Rimless Mr Aqua

37G Oceanic "Cube"
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:41 PM

I finally got an email response from them. They said their hard drive crashed and the inventory has to be checked manually. I guess we should give them a chance to make it right. If that doesn't happen then I'll know to look elsewhere in the future.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
thats odd because i know people who deal with him personally since he's local and hes a nice guy. i know hes just real busy at time. best time to get ahold of him is in the morning.

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

all gone now

Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
I certainly do not doubt the veracity of the negative experiences posted here. But all transactions with these guys are not bad news. It was a couple of years ago, but I bought my Milwaukee combo CO2 rig from them and the transaction was exactly as I expected. No issues, no surprises.

Steve - 33g reef and a 180g planted in need of a re-scape.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Man, I just received my glass CO2 diffuser today that I ordered from them last week (before I saw this thread). Well, what they sent me wasn't what they showed in the picture on their site. What they sent appears to be a nano diffuser, and the one in the pic on their website is much larger (that's the one I ordered).

Update (7/22/06)
I heard from the owner, and evidently they stopped making the model with six spirals and they now only carry the 3-spiral model. He offered to send me a return label. I declined since I was hoping it was just an error in shipping, but since they don't have the larger model, I'll stick with this one and hope for the best. So, I just wanted to update my post in my thread. What seemed like a bad start has an ok ending.

Last edited by Gawain1974; 07-22-2006 at 08:54 AM.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to mrbelvedere Send a message via Yahoo to mrbelvedere
I have an idea. It's called the Wall of Shame, much like the one at a campus bar. We put bad experiences with online vendors on it. It can be a sticky in the lounge.

In college....so no aquariums for a while.....
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
Quote:
thats odd because i know people who deal with him personally since he's local and hes a nice guy. i know hes just real busy at time. best time to get ahold of him is in the morning
Marcus has been a sponsor here for at least as long as I have I think, and communication has always been somewhat of a problem with him. I think it is because he works a fulltime job during the day. This is not a full time job for him.

Quote:
Check out their negative and Neutral Feedback. Sadly, My case isn't an Isolated incident.
Thats true, and while seven other people besides you report a negative experience, ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTY ONE people took the time to report a very positive experience. Thats pretty good odds. People love to jump on a bandwagon when someone reports something like this, and while Marcus may have screwed up big time in your case, it does not mean he is a bad person and deserves to be called names and be smeared by other people or teenagers who are not involved in this. I always liked Marcus, even though he was a tough competitor to me, he always treated me with respect.

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode