greg watson's fertilizers? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
greg watson's fertilizers?

i'm looking on greg watson's site right now and i see the PMDD...the one that has all the fertilizers you need pre-mixed into one tub (minus iron). i noticed it says one part this, one part that...does anyone know if there are fillers in this or are these numbers 100% pure compounds? how have people's succsss been with greg's products? because is i was thinking that if these chemicals were 100% pure with no fillers, one pound would make a TON of solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
His products are very good quality and fairly priced. And yes your order will last quite awhile.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
You dont need to make the solution you can just add it dry, what size tank do you have? Its more then likely that the ferts will last you a long time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
Don't use PMDD as your only fertilizer. It does not contain phosphate, which is one of the essential fertilizers. Far better is to buy KNO3 for nitrate and potassium, KH2PO4 for phosphate, and CSM+B for traces, and dose all of them separately. Or, you can buy Flourish or TMG for traces, but I don't think Greg sells them.

Hoppy
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick120
You dont need to make the solution you can just add it dry, what size tank do you have? Its more then likely that the ferts will last you a long time
i have a 6 gallon. it seems that because i have such a small tank, it would be hard to dose the correct ammount (i dont have a digital mg scale).

also, does anyone know how pure his ferts are? are they basically just the compound with no fillers? i would like to be able to get all the molar calculations done for my solution ahead of time
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Banned

You can get a cheap "Crack Scale" (as I call them on ebay), generally aroud $20

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
Crack scale? Like this one? I think it's hilarious that they've tried to disguise it as a CD.

The site is www.gramscales.com. They have digital scales starting at about $15.

Carl

Former president of SCAPE, but now living in Colorado. I'm just getting back into the hobby after not doing much for the past 10 years - feel free to PM me if you're in the Front Range area.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 10:26 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
^^^
Haha, now that's funny. As if we aquarists don't raise enough suspicions from the strange glow coming from our houses....now we're ordering crack scales to use on our tanks.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via AIM to JenThePlantGeek
Funny you should mention that - a guy in my local club aroused suspicion because of his electricity bill, glow coming from the basement and odd hours he kept. The police knocked on his door one night, handcuffed him, and made him take them down to the basement. Growing pot? Nope! Just lots of aquariums... heheh, the police were a bit embarassed.

- VP & Horticulture Awards Program Chair
I <3 Eheim #195
Everyone seems normal... until you get to know them.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenThePlantGeek
Funny you should mention that - a guy in my local club aroused suspicion because of his electricity bill, glow coming from the basement and odd hours he kept. The police knocked on his door one night, handcuffed him, and made him take them down to the basement. Growing pot? Nope! Just lots of aquariums... heheh, the police were a bit embarassed.
Wow.....I sure hope they had a warrant to search the place and cuff him. That's crazy!

Maybe I should watch having so many lights on.

I may be ordering one of those scales off Ebay. The 0.01g scale will run about $20, comes with calibration weights too.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawain1974
^^^
Haha, now that's funny. As if we aquarists don't raise enough suspicions from the strange glow coming from our houses....now we're ordering crack scales to use on our tanks.
LMAO!!!
I was having this discussion the other day with someone.
So far ive been receiving alot of plants, white powder and a s**tload of lights!

When I recieved and opened my Greg Watson order my mom was over and she thought I was dealing drugs.

Want to see more...check out my website
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via AIM to JenThePlantGeek
FYI - make sure you never try to fly with Greg Watson ferts. I think it is the KNO3 that will set off the detectors that they use, even though it isn't what is used to make bombs.

- VP & Horticulture Awards Program Chair
I <3 Eheim #195
Everyone seems normal... until you get to know them.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 10:29 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
My gram scale (50g*0.01g) was about $30 w/shipping from eBay, and came with 100 1" square ziplock bags. If anybody knows of a use for them...

And dealing with Greg Watson is a pleasure - fast shipping, good communications, good info.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

so...does anyone know how pure these ferts are?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenThePlantGeek
If they did that to me without a warrent they would be paying out the ass. Can you say dual 240's fully functioning??

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode