holes in swordplants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to playaslk Send a message via Yahoo to playaslk
holes in swordplants

Hey,

My swordplant developed a hole in its leaf. I dont know why this happened but i was wondering what I can do to prevent it in the future. Im hoping others have experienced this so let me know. My current tank setup is: 55g, DIY co2, weekly flourish complete, 160watt flourescent lights (2 4 foot shoplights), HoB filter, regular gravel.

Im in the process of getting pressurized CO2, canister filters and different lights (VHO) but not sure if i am changing out the lights just yet.

Im not dosing with watson stuff because a. i dont have any, b. i am not sure if i should buy in the quantity he sells, i'd rather buy some from someone who isnt using much of it.

thanks for the help in advance.

The link for the picture of the leaf is :
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...k/DSC05129.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Do you have Clown loaches?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest
Do you have Clown loaches?
I do, i have 2 of them

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by playaslk
Hey,

My swordplant developed a hole in its leaf. I dont know why this happened but i was wondering what I can do to prevent it in the future. Im hoping others have experienced this so let me know. My current tank setup is: 55g, DIY co2, weekly flourish complete, 160watt flourescent lights (2 4 foot shoplights), HoB filter, regular gravel.

Im in the process of getting pressurized CO2, canister filters and different lights (VHO) but not sure if i am changing out the lights just yet.

Im not dosing with watson stuff because a. i dont have any, b. i am not sure if i should buy in the quantity he sells, i'd rather buy some from someone who isnt using much of it.

thanks for the help in advance.

The link for the picture of the leaf is :
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...k/DSC05129.jpg
With a 55 gallon tank, the one pound bags of ferts that Greg sells should be about right for you. I checked out several sources before I made my purchase and didn't find anything better. Plus, I found nothing local, other than Fleet enema and Greenlight stump remover.

Hoppy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:06 AM
Are these real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playaslk
I do, i have 2 of them
Heh, there you go... They are just playing

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest
Heh, there you go... They are just playing
is that something i should be worried about?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 02:39 AM
Are these real?

Not really... your swords will grow out of it, and/or the loaches will get tired of clicking holes into them. They are just trying to entertain themselves.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 03:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to TINNGG Send a message via Yahoo to TINNGG
Or they're telling you to feed them some greenstuff. My yo-yos only do that if I don't give them algae wafers along with the brine shrimp pellets. Oddly enough, my angels stopped shredding the hygro after I started giving them algae flakes.

My mind is aglow with trancient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention - Hedley Lamar
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 04:11 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to medicineman
Perhaps fish sometimes get constipation and need some greens to fix themselves

That is why I have some crushed koi pellets in the menu for a balanced diet of protein, fibre and low fat.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode