Apisto Cacs and Angels. Friends or Foes? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Apisto Cacs and Angels. Friends or Foes?

I have 2m and 2f apisto cacs in a 30g species tank. I want to move them into a 38g with 3 angels. the angels are all over 3.5" body leangth and the apisto's are 1.25"f and 2"m. Do you think the apisto's will be ok? Furthermore there are also 6 other 1.5" livebearers in the 38g.

Second question. The Ph in the apisto tank is about 6.2, the ph in the angel tank is about 7.4. Will a slow drip acclimation for an hour be enough time to get the apisto's comfortable with the ph of 7.4?

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:40 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
cacs stay mostly on the bottom while angels usually inhabit the middle area...they should be fine....except for the occasional "face off" which all cichlids are prone to do

30 gallon pita...102watts..pressurized co2 ...jbj regulator...eco-complete substrate...xp-2... inline c-02 reactor...turbo twist uv
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to TINNGG Send a message via Yahoo to TINNGG
As long as nobody's breeding that is.

I dunno... The 38's current population seems a bit of a squeeze to me. Adding two potential breeding pairs of another species of cichlid seems to be asking for trouble.

My mind is aglow with trancient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention - Hedley Lamar

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TINNGG
As long as nobody's breeding that is.

I dunno... The 38's current population seems a bit of a squeeze to me. Adding two potential breeding pairs of another species of cichlid seems to be asking for trouble.

that is my worry. There is a pair of angels and the male get medium aggresive and there is a pair of cacs and the 1.25"f and 2"m get aggresive as well. It is also a HEAVELY planted low-tech.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode