a few pics of my new 90 gal. MORE PICS ADDED - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (59/100%)
a few pics of my new 90 gal. MORE PICS ADDED

Ok, I posted a few pictures on my mac site of some of the progress I am attempting to make on my 90 gal startup. My signature has the components and as for my fauna, right now, I have 6 purple Danios <for cycling>, 8 otos, 2 small rubberlip plecos, 2 crystal red shrimp, one tiger and 2 amanos and about 50 Olive nerites that are multiplying so they went on a summer trip to my outdoor water feature, 4 neons <freebies for my oto order>3 green swordtails and my male Betta who the rules the roost. I have featherfin rainbows and red ones coming next week.
Anyway you can visit my very new site that I threw some pics on to view the slow and messy progress. i had my other knee operated on yesterday, so I have the scape on hold and half of my plants in containers as I took them out after cycling the tank. I will post more progress once I can walk again! Thanks for checking it out

http://web.mac.com/lynny_lynny/iWeb/...hotos%202.html

Click on each picture to enlarge

Last edited by fresh_lynny; 06-13-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
I think it looks great so far. Nice chronology. Looks like you did a great job putting the moss and petite nana on the wood. I love petite nana on wood. It will be interesting to see how well it shows up in such a large tank.

I am dieing to see more pics of the wood in the tank and what your new scape looks like!

Robert Paul Hudson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H
I think it looks great so far. Nice chronology. Looks like you did a great job putting the moss and petite nana on the wood. I love petite nana on wood. It will be interesting to see how well it shows up in such a large tank.

I am dieing to see more pics of the wood in the tank and what your new scape looks like!
Thanks Robert.
I got a lot of my stuff from you ...lol
The Petite nana does get a little lost in there, so I an not sure if it will stay there or become fore to midground. The crystal reds love it up there though. I will change things around again soon so more pics will be posted for sure. I have a ridiculously high megapixel camera so it doesn't make sense to post it here, so I set up the mac site. I will let you/everyone know when I update more. Thanks for looking

Last edited by fresh_lynny; 06-11-2006 at 02:50 AM.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:31 AM
►◊ ◊◄

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via MSN to conduct Send a message via Yahoo to conduct
I love that tank rimless I need to get one in a few months. Great looking setup looks like nothing can be done though with out the cats keeping a close eye on ya.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

lol no kidding. 3 cats and 2 dogs, they have to babysit me doing everything!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Great job Lynn. Those couple of pics of the tank jammed full of healthy plants looks like a terrific start! That is a killer piece of Manzanita! But I'm glad I don't have to listen to the Siamese ... LOL. I like the Matisse art too!

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:20 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice place too
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
Nice place too
Adrian....thanks I designed it myself out of a printing factory

Beto...I took so many plants out as they all overgrew. I have them in buckets right now awaiting the chance to be either replanted or shipped out to friends, as I just had my other knee operated on , on Friday...so standing on a ladder planting is not in the cards for the next few days...lol. The manzanita seems to get lost in there, so I am trying to figure out a way to get it in there as more of a highlight. I am sure it will change several times before settling into what I deem acceptable.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Ahh, knees. Speedy recovery! Its going to be la belle tank.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Banned

PTrader: (0/0%)
nice little pictures of my tank. the one that you stole
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenaus
Are you just trying to stir up trouble? Come on up to NYC...I will even pay to fly you up here, so I can treat you like a "slinky a la Rex" and humiliate you for being beat up by a girl.

Last edited by fresh_lynny; 06-12-2006 at 04:59 PM.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betowess
Ahh, knees. Speedy recovery! Its going to be la belle tank.
Thanks Bob...and thanks for the plantlets. Luckily I had a chance to plant them one at a time the night before I got cut on.

Last edited by fresh_lynny; 06-12-2006 at 04:58 PM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_newby
Adrian....thanks I designed it myself out of a printing factory
Wow, that is amazing, and you must be incredibly talented. From the shot where the tank placement is, you can tell your home has a completely unique character. I think that your artwork and tank go together very well.

Enough off topic flattery I liked the shots of the growing plants, and that piece of manzanita is gorgeous. The riccia tunnel is neat, too. What are your thoughts about placement of the wood and tunnel? I will look forward to seeing it all together.

Speedy recovery on the knees. Sounds painful.

Karla
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Funny....

Let see some more pictures of "your" aquarium....

chenaus, I suggest you stop accusing people of theft. Last thing you need is a gal from NYC on your case! Check that, second to last thing you need is a gal from NYC after you. Last thing you need is a gal from NJ after you!!!

Mike
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetapestry
Wow, that is amazing, and you must be incredibly talented. From the shot where the tank placement is, you can tell your home has a completely unique character. I think that your artwork and tank go together very well.

Enough off topic flattery I liked the shots of the growing plants, and that piece of manzanita is gorgeous. The riccia tunnel is neat, too. What are your thoughts about placement of the wood and tunnel? I will look forward to seeing it all together.

Speedy recovery on the knees. Sounds painful.

Karla
I have them placed but I am not happy with it. I have the tunnel for them to swim through and it goes right into the "fingers" of the manzanita, but I am not happy with the flow. As soon as I can stand upright again <very painful>, I will change it around and post pics. Thanks Karla

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode