Good Books - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi Guys,
Well dont know where this post should go, so Mods move at will. Since i am a Uni student, we have the opportunity to request books that we feel should be ordered in to be kept at our libraries. Pretty much any book that is suggested by a Uni student will be ordered in strait away and held in the collection. Well i got to thinking how such a scheme could greatly benefit me. So what i am wanting is for people to suggest really good aquarium books, planted tank, aquarium fish books, anything aquarium based for me to get the library to order in so i can heighten my aquarialistic Knowledge.
So far i have Nature Aquarium by Amano on order, it will be here soon. Other title suggestions appreciated.
Grungie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 12:22 PM
2la

Aquarium Plants by Christel Kasselmann
Aquarium Atlas by Hans Baensch & Rudiger Riehl (Vols. 1-3 available in English currently)

I'm glad you were able to swindle Nature Aquarium World from your bookstore--not a lot of knowledge to be had in that series, just a lot of eye candy (but they don't need to know that...).
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 02:41 PM

Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants by Peter Hiscock. I checked it out from my local library, and now it'll be on my Christmas wish list.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 02:06 AM
2la

Forgot one more: Ecology of the Planted Aquarium by Diana Walstad.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Good thread. Anyone have a suggestion for practical fish pathology book?

James

James
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 04:18 PM

any of the Takashi Amano books are worth their weight in gold, as far as i am concerned. the translations are a little rough, but his books are the best sources of ideas for planted tank design i have ever seen.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
One of my favorite "Fish" books is "Confessions of a Fish Doctor" by Scott Bodie. But it is out of print. It's just a compilation of interesting stories about this guy who ran a Fish Maintenence business in NYC back in the 70's.

- Sam P -
Low Tech Planted Nanos with Bettas
Former Tank Journals:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 04:38 AM
2la

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaverde
Good thread. Anyone have a suggestion for practical fish pathology book?

James
The Interpet Manual of Fish Health is a good practical guide, but if you're into hardcore pathology, you might do a search on "fish pathology" at Amazon--lots of spendy stuff there!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
No, your suggestion is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for- practical. Getting into it any further than that gives me the willies. I already have some squeamishness lately due to discovery of leeches and an inexplicable outbreak of nematodes :aah:

James

James

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode