New Member: Please help with Moneywort - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New Member: Please help with Moneywort

This is my first post here and I'm new to planted tanks. I'm trying to decide what I should do with my Moneywort. The tank has been planted for 3 weeks. I replanted the moneywort like three times before I felt like I did it right. The moneywort has been replanted for a little over one week now and it is starting to grow. I planted the Moneywort in the back of the tank and some of the stems have melted and died. I have a 10 gal with two 10 watt CFLs and the lights are on 12 hours a day. I'm trying to figure out if I should change my lighting or just replace the plant with a low light plant.

I have a Lily bulb blooming and I know it will eventually cause a lot of shade. In addition, I'm waiting on the frog bit that I ordered to add to the tank. I want the tank to be somewhat shady because eventually I'm going to add a Betta. In addition, I want to add a couple of plants in front of the Moneywort. My question is do I need to add more light? Will it be enough light if I have floating plants anyway? Will I even be able to put other plants in front of the Moneywort if I increased my lights?

At this point I'm hesitant to take the plant out because I don't want to disrupt the balance of the tank and have another algae out break. I already have brown algae on my DIY cave and sword plant. I took the cave out and rinsed it, but it did not come off. Only some of it came off the plant.

I appreciate any help you can give

Donetta
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	122826  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
do you know if those cfl bulbs are full spectrum (6500k) or standard cfl's (3000k)...

if they are the later, consider changing them to the 6500k version which normally come in 13w and 26w varieties. your plants will thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hello, yes the bulbs are 6500K, but only 10W each.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode