CO2 System - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (5/100%)
CO2 System

I am looking into buying a CO2 system that is not very expensive, mainly the DIY variety. I came across this cool looking product for 50 bucks. Anyone heard of it? Its called the PGP Power Reactor CO2 system... here is a link from a site that sells it http://www.azgardens.com/newCO22.php The only reason I am a little hesitant about buying it is because I can't seem to find anyone else that carries it, and I've never heard of Plantguild Products, the company that makes it. From the description it seems pretty good for the price and I wouldn't have to do all the work of making a complete DIY system. If anyone has any information/advice I would appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S. You have to scroll down to the bottom almost to find it on the linked site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:07 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
re CO2 System

This looks a lot like Tom Barr's (see Barr Report via google) design for a simple but effective diffusion system.

In theory (and if you want to) you can bulid it yourself.

I use 4 2L bottles driving 2 hagen ladders (about $12 each). My CO2 is between 30 and 40ppm in a 65g tank. But you DO need about 4 2L bottles for that. I have 2 2L bottles driving a 29g tank -- same results.

There are numerous ways of diffusing the CO2 -- you can find them looking on the various forums for CO2 info.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
www.plantguild.com It is a home based company in Utah. Bill has been making these for years. AZ gardens sells them, I sell them, Aquarium Plants.com sells them, Florida Driftwood sells them, and I think a few others.

The power reactor is a device that mixes gas with water inside a chamber with a pump/powerhead attached to it. It is not a C02 system. A source for the gas still needs to be connected to it. It can be a pressurized system, or a DIY system. The power reactor is like an alternative to the Hagen ladder.

Robert Paul Hudson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kindness like love is unconditional

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Robert. Yes, I know you have to add the DIY bottle, but it eliminates the need to create my own tubing/mixing device like in a completely DIY system. Another question tho I am going to be buying some plants from AquariumPlants.com, so is it safe to buy the CO2 system there and have it arrive with the plants... or should I buy the system and set it up first before buying the plants. I'm not entirely sure if the system takes a few days to become effective or not.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

One more thing... This might sound like a stupid question but, at two sites this system is called the Co2 Reactor 200 With Rio Pump and has the same picture of the product. However, one site says its DIY and the other says its for compressed. (I read at azgardens.com that its for both) I want to buy it from the site that says its for compressed... but I plan on going the DIY route. The product on these two sites is the same right? Thanks for the help.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode