reactor help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question reactor help

I have a aqua madic co2 external reactor . I dont know where the water line should be . if i make the water fill it then the co2 fills the top of the reactor and i dont know if i am getting a good mix. the co2 slowly pushes down the water . but if i let half the reactor fill does the co2 that fills the top of the reactor mix in with the water ?

THAX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Yeah, the CO2 enters at the top on those reactors and the turbulence and bio balls will churn up and absorb the gas. There is no "water line". Its an inline reactor powered either by an in-tank pump or a cannister filter's outtake. Do you have a bubble counter with the set up? If not, Aquamedic makes a decent one for about $20.00. You will need to check your pH and KH to determine your level of CO2 dissolved in the water. Around pH 6.6 and KH 4 will give you around 30ppm which is a fairly desireble level. Here is a link to a chart. http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

The water first enters the reactor at the top and exits at the bottom. You do have it plumbed that way, right? You can see a picture of it plumbed such at Drs. Foster and Smith's website. HTH

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Aquamedic CO2 Reactor 1000 User's Manual:
http://www.aqua-medic.de/en/service/...%20_71113_.pdf
-snafu

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 03:49 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
If ur powering it via a seperate pump like I am, then you wanna shoot for no less than 300gph or you'll never get rid of that "water line".

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode