Ever wish you could do this....(Dial-up Warning!) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Ever wish you could do this....(Dial-up Warning!)

I was about to tear into my aquarium to do some much needed pruning and scaping, and I thought this might be fun...

You'll need a computer that is capable of playing windows-media-video files (eg, Mac users and old PC's may not make the grade).

You'll also need to open the line using IE, Firefox doesn't like the link .

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/bier/tour.wmv?uniq=-cifuyw

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Terminated March 2007 -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
Quote:
Originally Posted by unirdna
I was about to tear into my aquarium to do some much needed pruning and scaping, and I thought this might be fun...

You'll need a computer that is capable of playing windows-media-video files (eg, Mac users and old PC's may not make the grade).

You'll also need to open the line using IE, Firefox doesn't like the link .

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/bier/tour.wmv?uniq=-cifuyw
Sorry, I refuse to use IE . A workaround in Firefox is to right-click and "save link as" and save it to your hard-drive then view it.

That is totally awesome! Hubby wanted to know how you did that? Did you put the camera in a zip-loc? I said I wouldn't trust that with MY camera, LOL, but I know that used to you could get underwater camera casings as a sort of an add-on for film cameras, I s'pose you could do the same for digital. The cardinals look like they didn't like you invading their bedroom, LOL.

Sláinte!
Cindy

-
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Holey Moley Ted!!!

That kinda raises the bar doesn't it!?! Too cool!

Steve - 33g reef and a 180g planted in need of a re-scape.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
that was totally awesome......it was watchin amazon abyss....except that in your movie you could actually see stuff

30 gallon pita...102watts..pressurized co2 ...jbj regulator...eco-complete substrate...xp-2... inline c-02 reactor...turbo twist uv
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolley
Holey Moley Ted!!!

That kinda raises the bar doesn't it!?! Too cool!
I would say that the bar has been set to a new level.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to mrbelvedere Send a message via Yahoo to mrbelvedere
That is probably the coolest thing I have seen on the forum. I especially like the brief view of the room from inside the tank. i've never seen that perspective before. Nice job, Ted.

In college....so no aquariums for a while.....
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:36 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I can play it and see it fine on my Mac in Safari. The only problems Macs might have playing Microsoft Media files is when using Microsoft Media Player and you get a 'file format not recognized' error message. Trés ironic, no? Quicktime plays it fine.

Excellent stuff! Ted's excellent adventure!

So how do you avoid water drops and the like distorting the lens? The transition from air to water and back again is barely noticeable. Nicely done!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:50 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)
Wow, that's amazing. Thanks for sharing!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
i think it is worth a sticky for atleast a year, so new members could enjoy this.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Thanks gals and guys! I thought you might enjoy that. No photography skills needed - only $800 ($450 camera, $200 housing, $150 4gb SD card). I didn't buy the housing to film my aquarium . I'm an avid freediver and novice underwater photographer. I just put the camera in the housing, flipped it to movie mode, and hit the shutter. I encoded the video from motion jpeg to WMV using MovieMaker (comes free with XP)

Camera:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Housing:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

SD Card:
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/I...emID=TS4GSD150

The real reason for owning the underwater housing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...dna/mecopy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0Photos/yo.jpg

Ted

- Set up April 2007 -

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Ooh, gonna have to watch this at work with DSL! The reviews are terrific!

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 07:06 AM

PTrader: (1/100%)
So um... now I know what I want for Christmas.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 11:57 AM

PTrader: (16/100%)
TED!!!!!!!! You da man dawg. Photos just seem irrelevant now. I am never postin another one.

Man, the jaws theme music in that video would be great!!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via MSN to ginnie5
saving it to your hard drive also works for opera. cool!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Very Cool Ted.

Thanks for the vid.

Walter

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode