need advice, looking to make some tank changes - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
need advice, looking to make some tank changes

I had posted up here that I was looking for a 65 gallon tank with a 36x18 foot print. Found one on CL w/ glass lids, and a whisper 60 air pump for 75.00. Tanks was clean and solid.

So, now my question.... I have a 44 hex that is the same height as the 65 and I have a 40 breeder that is the same foot print as the 65. I have my 7 angels in my 44 along with 3 very large amazon swords and a nice piece of root looking DW. In the 40 breeder is my generic community tank (cory's, tetra's, barb's) along with another nice piece of DW. I am looking at selling off the community fish and changing the fauna over to more dwarf SA cichlid's. My question is... you guessed it, which tank should I replace with the 65. Before anyone says just outfit a new tank, I don't have the funds so it has to be a replacement for either the 44 or the 40b.

I could move the angels out of the 44 to give them more room, still sell off the community fauna and outfit the 40b with some new dwarf SA cichlid's, or do a swap, put the angels into the new 65 and move the community guys into the 44 and sell the 40 breeder.

Looking for your opinions.

BTW, I will be looking to sell which ever tank I down.

Mark

75g Planted Discus tank
65g Planted Angel / Tetra / Cory Tank
40b Planted Dwarf Cichlid / Angel Tank
40b Planted Apistogramma tank
20g Planted Apistogramma tank
16g Artificially planted Blue Crayfish / Red Cherry Shrimp tank

All this in a 2 bedroom apartment, HAHAHA

Wanna see videos of the tanks? Follow this link >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM

PTrader: (15/100%)
Put the angels in whatever has the most height and the other SA cichlids in the shorter tank. Angels are best suited in a tall tank. If they are both the same height, put the angels in the 65.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode