Is HC still that rare over here in the US? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (18/100%)
Is HC still that rare over here in the US?

HC has been pretty popular here. I think with all of these people buying and growing this stuff here, it shouldnt be this rare anymore. I know that its still in high demand and all but these people selling it are putting a ridiculously high price tag on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
If you want it pay for it. If you want it and don't want to pay the price that it is going for... Oh well!!!

Maybe you should buy some at the going price and grow it. Then undercut all the high priced sellers. You just might make a bundle of $$$!!

It is very prone to aglae problems. At least that is my experience with the stuff. I don't have an algae problem in my tank but I have bought HC twice and both became infested with BBA. Maybe this is why it is priced the way it is. The difficulty in growing will raise the price of any plant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

i know, im not paying for that kind of price. I think these people are just price gouging it even though there's a lot to go around

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (87/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimeiken
i know, im not paying for that kind of price. I think these people are just price gouging it even though there's a lot to go around
Possibly, but IMHO the price becomes what the market will bare.

Regards,
Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

48G Rimless Mr Aqua

37G Oceanic "Cube"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaphish
Maybe you should buy some at the going price and grow it. Then undercut all the high priced sellers. You just might make a bundle of $$$!!
that's what i was thinking. only if i get my hands on this stuff and grow it well
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
Its not an easy plant to grow, it takes some time to really take off. It is still fairly rare in the hobby, and like stated above its what the market will bare

|
|
|
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 04:34 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
I sold more of it than anyone I know. It's rare because none of the nurseries in the U.S. (or importers) bring it in.

John P.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 02:24 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
$15 for a 2"x2" shipped seems about the going rate. This IMO is not a high price. The demand exceeds the supply which hikes up the price. This is a very beautiful plant and I doubt that one person could make a difference on the price of it. You would run out quickly and then the price would be high again, it would be impossible for you to make a permanent price decrease.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 02:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
I have four 2x2" piece I'll happily sell for 40$
That's 1/3 off the normal high price of 15$ ea or 60$ and that includes shipping. I also have Erio seta for 1$ a stem, maybe 20 or so laying around.

So there.

Is it rare?

No, but it's a nice little weed.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Regards,
Tom Barr
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
This hobby is not immune to the whims of fashion. HC is vogue right now. Downoi use to cost more than $15 shipped for a single plant but it never caught on the way HC has and the price has fallen a lot over the past year. I will eventually have a HC foreground but that is not going to happen until after the next best thing hits the market.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone
This hobby is not immune to the whims of fashion. HC is vogue right now. Downoi use to cost more than $15 shipped for a single plant but it never caught on the way HC has and the price has fallen a lot over the past year. I will eventually have a HC foreground but that is not going to happen until after the next best thing hits the market.
the next best thing will be a dwarf version of HC

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode