tips /help on tropica master grow? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
nik

PTrader: (0/0%)
tips /help on tropica master grow?

So, today I purchased some Tropica Master Grow http://www.tropica.com/article.asp?t...aristic&id=134
It seems to be the only decent stuff to get here. I'll probably order from Rex Gridd at some point, but I need to learn more first

It contains:
K 0,79%
B 0,004%
Fe 0,07%
Mo 0,002%
Mg 0,39%
Cu 0,006%
Mn 0,04%
Zn 0,002%
S 1,01%

Recommended dosage is 5ml per 50l every week.

Does this sound ok? Anything else I would need to add?

Also, my tank is only about 20litres. Anyone know what 5ml is in terms of, say, a teaspoon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 11:53 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
you would also need to add nitrate and phosphate .
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Everyone has an opinion

PTrader: (88/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
So, today I purchased some Tropica Master Grow http://www.tropica.com/article.asp?t...aristic&id=134
It seems to be the only decent stuff to get here. I'll probably order from Rex Gridd at some point, but I need to learn more first

It contains:
K 0,79%
B 0,004%
Fe 0,07%
Mo 0,002%
Mg 0,39%
Cu 0,006%
Mn 0,04%
Zn 0,002%
S 1,01%

Recommended dosage is 5ml per 50l every week.

Does this sound ok? Anything else I would need to add?

Also, my tank is only about 20litres. Anyone know what 5ml is in terms of, say, a teaspoon?

How much is 50L? I use 5ml per 10 gallons once weekly, Excel once per week, and PMDD mix from Greg Watson, dosing varies per tank.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
nik

Ah, Gregg Watson... Confusing the names here, and I was in a hurry... sorry 'bout that.

50l is about 13,2 US gallons, so that sounds about right. I figured that for 20l (5,3 gallons) I need about 0,4 teaspoon... I'll grab some exact tools from uni tomorrow.

So, I need the PMDD in addition... I'll look into ordering some. Problem is that the shipping is quite expensive to Norway, so I'd like to get as much as possible, maybe even ordering with someone from here.

Do I really need to add nitrate? I was expecting to get this from fish... I know I didn't say anything about fishload, but it will be moderate. I guess just having a fish would be "moderate" for this size of tank.. But of course, if I need to add extra I will.

More about the tank; as mentioned about 5 gallons (actual water), 38w CF light. I'm trying my hand on Java Moss, Riccia fluitans, Hygrophila corymbosa "Stricta", Hygrophila corymbosa "Siamensis", Microsorum pteropus "Undulata", Cryptocoryne wendtii "Green" (all from Tropica). Right now the fish is four Zebra Danios, but the plan is to have 2-3 Dwarf Puffers (hence the asian plants). The substrate is sand 0,8-1,2mm, so iI guess I need some root tabs too. Any suggestions on brand and where to get?

Thanks for any help, and sorry for any stupid questions. My first planted tank, and all the info can be a bit confusing and overwhelming at first (and yes, I have read Rex's guide. Several times. I'll read it again soon )
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
I can't answer your other questions, because I am a newb myself, but you should be able to find the nitrate (KNO3) and phosphate (KH2PO4) from Hydroponics stores. That's what I figured out after contacting Greg about shipping to Canada and then looking around locally. Greg's is just more convenient because of size. The Hydroponics stores around here all cater to marijuana grow-ops and everything comes in 5 to 10 lb. bags.

Last edited by 2wheelsx2; 04-05-2006 at 10:18 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Everyone has an opinion

PTrader: (88/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
Ah, Gregg Watson... Confusing the names here, and I was in a hurry... sorry 'bout that.

50l is about 13,2 US gallons, so that sounds about right. I figured that for 20l (5,3 gallons) I need about 0,4 teaspoon... I'll grab some exact tools from uni tomorrow.

So, I need the PMDD in addition... I'll look into ordering some. Problem is that the shipping is quite expensive to Norway, so I'd like to get as much as possible, maybe even ordering with someone from here.

Do I really need to add nitrate? I was expecting to get this from fish... I know I didn't say anything about fishload, but it will be moderate. I guess just having a fish would be "moderate" for this size of tank.. But of course, if I need to add extra I will.

More about the tank; as mentioned about 5 gallons (actual water), 38w CF light. I'm trying my hand on Java Moss, Riccia fluitans, Hygrophila corymbosa "Stricta", Hygrophila corymbosa "Siamensis", Microsorum pteropus "Undulata", Cryptocoryne wendtii "Green" (all from Tropica). Right now the fish is four Zebra Danios, but the plan is to have 2-3 Dwarf Puffers (hence the asian plants). The substrate is sand 0,8-1,2mm, so iI guess I need some root tabs too. Any suggestions on brand and where to get?

Thanks for any help, and sorry for any stupid questions. My first planted tank, and all the info can be a bit confusing and overwhelming at first (and yes, I have read Rex's guide. Several times. I'll read it again soon )
If you do a search for PMDD you can probably find the formula on the Krib. It might be more convenient for you to "roll your own" considering your location....DC
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 10:04 PM

20 Litres is approx. a 9 US Gallon tank.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 01:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to medicineman
That TMG stuff, according to all my friends right here is the most desireable fert (even though you still have to add some more macros). You can always use it with great result and lots of reds, overdose it with no adverse effect whatsoever. This includes it does not induce too much algae. Sounds like much too high rated, but that goes out from the mouth of the expert aquascapers around here. To bad it is a bit expensive here on retail at around $30 a Liter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode