Wet dreams - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wet dreams

Now, now, I mean about aquariums.

Sometimes I have dreams that my tank is lush, healthy, and flourishing (which isn't the real case). Other times I dream of having an entire room dedicated to all-kinds of tanks, like an aquarium wonderland (and I know some of you do..jealous).

But most of the time my dreams are more like nightmares. The Co2 bottomed-out, unforgiving ammonia spikes, ravaging illness, rapidly withering plants, a fire, a blown out tank yu know the regular stuff we all dream of

...I suppose I may be a tad paranoid, but I wanna hear about your specific dreams...the ones where you wake up and either breathe a sigh of relief because your halide pendant really didn't fall into your topless tank. Or where you curse the good Lord's name because that bout of ich which you so gallantly smote wielding excalibre atop your valiant stead, is still festering in real life.

So come on lets here 'em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 11:32 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
I just had what I'd classify as a nightmare the other night. I was at the upcoming local aquarium society auction, and of course i had a lot of plants up for sale. The nightmare: no one wanted them!!! Even worse, they were then property of the aquarium club!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAA then I fell out of bed.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 11:39 PM

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
I cant wait to see how many views this thread gets!!

Quote:
Sometimes I have dreams that my tank is lush, healthy, and flourishing (which isn't the real case). Other times I dream of having an entire room dedicated to all-kinds of tanks, like an aquarium wonderland (and I know some of you do..jealous).
My sentiments exactly!!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 02:56 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
I had a dream that my filter was leaking. I woke up, peered over at the tank and went back to sleep. Wheewwww.

Oh, then I woke up and found that it really did leak. Darn, I guess that doesn't qualify as a dream...but it sure was wet!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:37 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I can remember this nightmare I've had three times. Probably more, but thoes are the only ones I can remember. I drempt the glass cracked in my 75 gallon aquarium and flodded my basement with water.

Out of all aquarium disasters, this is by far my biggest fear. I've also remember one dream where I woak up and my tank was compleatly covered with algae. I cant remember one pleseant aquarium related dream ever. I only dream about the worst case scenario.

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:46 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuks
I cant remember one pleseant aquarium related dream ever. I only dream about the worst case scenario.
A confirmed pessimist!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
i had one where the ocean was draining, like a huge cracked tank, and i was running/swimming around trying to save as many seahorses as i could...

and another more recently, i was in a swimming pool, and for some reason was holding my 10 gallon with my dwarf puffers (seems very logical) and it cracked, and i was trying to save them, and the next thing i know i couldn't find them and i took a sip of my ice tea, and lo and behold!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Someone needs to get a dream interpretation book...and then schedule us all for an appointment at the psychiatrist...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

The cracked tank has got to be the worst. All your pride and joy on the floor, not to mention the water damage.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 06:59 PM

Every aquarist's worst nightmare indeed - either a collapsed stand, or a cracked tank

OUCH
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 05:56 AM

I had a cracked tank once...sucks (but then I got a better tank so it doesn't suck).

I have had 1 recurring dream that I have a fish room with tanks stacked on top of each other with tanks for every type of fish and cercumstance...

I also have had dreams of my fish flying (as in floating/swimming in the air)...which is probably because my marine tank use to have no background and the fish looked like they were swimming in the air.

I had one dream once...weird one. I was playing a piano duet with my brother (both of us don't play piano which is weird enough) and there was water on the floor. I saw a lionfish swimming in the water and then saw my red betta (fighting) fish there too...funny thing is I thought: "Wait! Those two fish can't be there...one is marine the other is freshwater!"
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
i have odd fish dreams alot too.. i think two nights ago i had a dream that i had all the other fish i was going to buy in my 10g tank... it was really wierd. then i woke up went over to the tank... but they werent in there

ive also had this reacuring dream about going to this HUGE fish/herp show and seeing all these diffrent tanks. my favorite was this saltwater planted lmao...

we are wiiierd...

-=- fish newb -=-
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 05:35 PM

Mine tend to be bad... I started a thread about this over at reefs.org:

"I've been out of reefing for a while now, and don't plan on returning anytime soon, but every once in a while I get the unpleasant dream where I realize that I have reef tanks in the house that I've forgotten about, and half the water in them has evaporated, and the creatures are suffering, and I have no fresh water mixed, and the tank and/or equipment is close to failure, etc...

I think it's the residual stress of having to care for exotic pets, especially ones that require a carefully controlled environment."

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68078
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:

But most of the time my dreams are more like nightmares. The Co2 bottomed-out, unforgiving ammonia spikes, ravaging illness, rapidly withering plants, a fire, a blown out tank yu know the regular stuff we all dream of

...I suppose I may be a tad paranoid, but I wanna hear about your specific dreams...the ones where you wake up and either breathe a sigh of relief because your halide pendant really didn't fall into your topless tank. Or where you curse the good Lord's name because that bout of ich which you so gallantly smote wielding excalibre atop your valiant stead, is still festering in real life.

So come on lets here 'em.
I usually have bad dreams where I'm getting arrested or being fired from my job.

My aquarium related dreams are always good ones.

Regards,
Barry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FILSTAR Advocate #39
Member, Minnesota Aquarium Society
29 Gal. - 100% Eco-Complete/2x65W CF/CO2/Filstar XP2/RedSea500/KH:3/GH:5/pH:< 5.5/EI Dosing/WWC 50%

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode