This is what I have so far or am going to get/make:
20 gallon long (30 x 12 x 12)
3 x 20 watt NO fluorescents
Whisper 1 (150 gph) power filter OR powerhead (175 gph) with sponge filter
twin tube glass canopie
Thes are the plants that I am considering getting (I won't get them all) from AZgardens.com:
4 Leaf Clover
Compacta AZ Sword
I want to get:
2-5 American Flag fish
maybe cardinal tetras
My questions are:
1. My lights are all 3 tubes over the back glass of the twin tube canopie. Is this OK? And is it enough light?
2. What filter should I use: the whisper or powerhead/sponge combo?
3. My main concern is what to do for substrate. What substrate should I use (besides flourite)? This is what I can't figure out. I have heard good an bad things about Kitty Litter, and really want to be sucessful this time (Last time didn't work to well, but I wasn't on this forum either)
4. The above plants, are they OK, it this setup? Which ones shouldn't I get? Are their any other plants that I should get instead?
5. Are the fish and quantities OK? What else should I get? Should I get any snails that azgardens sell?
6. What substrate fertilizer(s) should I use? (please be specific about brand, where to buy, etc) I have the flourish line of liquid fertilizers, but don't know what to do for substrate fertilizers.
Thank you, and sorry for the long post.