Help planning my tank! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Help planning my tank!

Hey, i have almost givin up on frshwater and would like some help planning what may be my last if things dont go in the right direction. The tank will be a 10 gallon AGA. The light will be a 20inch coralife aqualight with 32 watts on it. All i need to get is a tank, heater and substrate. The substrate will be some form of sand that is 1mm to 2mm in grain size. The tank will have 1 german blue ram and some tetras or cory cats.

What would be some good plants? I have java moss, water sprite, elodea and bacopa. all of this is being stored ina 2.5 aga with a small florescent bulb over it.

please feel free to throw in any suggestions!

- Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
Hydro. Polysperma, java fern, Ludwigia repens, Anubias. You want to start out with fast growing plants. This will help fend of the intial attack of algae. Are you going to use CO2 in this tank?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

I have a kit from hagen that is a black bottle with air lining running out of it, will this work? the diffuser(spelling) is like a ladder were it zig zags upwords.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

just got the tank today, i might be going to get some sand tonight or this weekend, any suggestions on fish to put in it besides a ram? the filter media is from my betta tank. when could i add fish?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode