Planted tank without CO2? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Planted tank without CO2?

A friend of mine wants to setup a planted tank, he's not sure what size yet, but he knows it will be greater than 50 gallons. If he keeps the lighting at 2wpg or lower will he need CO2? He says he doesn't care about fast growth, slow and steady is fine with him. Since my tank has been co2 from the get-go I have no experience with planted tanks without CO2.
TIA for any help.

75 Gallon - 4x65w PC, HP CO2, Eheim 2217 feeding Aquamedic 1000 CO2 Reactor, Fluval 404, 18w UV filter (for emergencies), Peat Moss, Flourite, Eco-Complete and Onyx Substrate
Planted Tank Photo Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

72 Gallon Bow Front Reef with 20 Gallon Sump, MH + PC Hood, Wet/Dry, Calcium Reactor, 11w UV filter (for emergencies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 05:31 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
Sounds like you've got some reading to do. HINT: use the search button.

THIS THREAD was started very recently dealing with the very same question. There are many more.

In short, yes it's very doable.

Also, why not send your freind to the planted tank forums if he/she is serious?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
He has been skimming the forums but he showed me why he's confused, and I can understand, theres a lot of conflicting information regarding WPG and no CO2, so I figured I'd start a thread. He's out for the day so I figured I'd post the question for him.

As for the "search police" comment I do run searches, quite often, but there isn't many relavent results for "no co2." If you have better terms, I'm all ears.

75 Gallon - 4x65w PC, HP CO2, Eheim 2217 feeding Aquamedic 1000 CO2 Reactor, Fluval 404, 18w UV filter (for emergencies), Peat Moss, Flourite, Eco-Complete and Onyx Substrate
Planted Tank Photo Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

72 Gallon Bow Front Reef with 20 Gallon Sump, MH + PC Hood, Wet/Dry, Calcium Reactor, 11w UV filter (for emergencies)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 06:41 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Of course it is possible.
You will have to be careful with the choice of the plants.

Here is the good site about "Nature aquariums".
http://naturalaquariums.com/

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode