Dilute fleet enema ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (6/100%)
Dilute fleet enema ?

According to other threads found through the "search" function 1ml of fleet enema would raise PO4 in 131L tank to 1ppm. Correct so far ?

Now my tank only holds 8.5G (~32L). So i'd have to dose about 0.24ml for 1ppm PO4 (please keep checking these calculations).
Thats pretty hard to do - i have nothing that reliably measures liquids below 1ml.

So could i mix a solution like i did for KNO3, K2SO4 etc ?

Lets say - 50ml of fleet enema into 200ml of water - and then dosing 1ml of that stock solution to have 1ppm in my tank. I don't have a PO4 test kit so i'd like to get the numbers right to not kill my fish.

If the numbers are correct - what type of water ? Distilled or tap ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)
I dilute the fleet enema down to 10%. 1ml of this will raise po4 by 1.77ppm in a ten gallon. If you dilute it down to 5%, 1ml will equal ~1ppm in your 8.5 gallon tank. Mix 10ml fleet with 190 ml of water to make this solution. I used the fertilator, so someone please correct me if my numbers are off. I use tap water to mix mine and haven't notice any problems, and I have liquid rock here.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_is_beautiful
According to other threads found through the "search" function 1ml of fleet enema would raise PO4 in 131L tank to 1ppm. Correct so far ?
Yep.

Quote:
Now my tank only holds 8.5G (~32L). So i'd have to dose about 0.24ml for 1ppm PO4 (please keep checking these calculations). Thats pretty hard to do - i have nothing that reliably measures liquids below 1ml.
Easiest way around this would be to go to a pharmacy and ask for a 1 mL insulin syringe.

Quote:
Lets say - 50ml of fleet enema into 200ml of water - and then dosing 1ml of that stock solution to have 1ppm in my tank.
This would make a 1 in 5 solution (20% Fleet). To make a 1 in 4 solution, mix 50 mL Fleet in 150 mL water.

Your uptake will vary depending on a lot of factors so you will need a test kit soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoink
I used the fertilator, so someone please correct me if my numbers are off.
Yoink, the Fertilator has a known bug with respect to calculating Fleet doses. I checked your numbers and they aren't jiving with my calculations. Can you have a look at my posts in this thread:
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...eet-enema.html

Recalculate your dosing (there are a few different ways to do so, I find Chuck's calculator the easiest, once you get the hang of it) and let me know if any questions. I really wish they'd fix that bug, or just remove Fleet from the Fertilator altogether.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode