So, that's it. I got the call tonight at 7:35pm. Melinda asked me if I had been doing "anything" with the 40 gallon today. I replied no and reminded her that I was planning on doing a WC tomorrow before work. She told me that the towel in froont of the tank was wet. I said "that's it..Please help me start catching fish." "I'll get out of here and get a new tank and be home ASAP!!" I made record time to petsmart. Walked in, found the poor fish girl, asked her if she was busy. She said "no?" I told her that I need a 55 gallon and help out to my car. I'm so demanding. Just like Jack Bauer. "THERE ISN'T ANY TIME!!!"
Ok, quickest $130 I have spent in a while. It's wedged in the cavalier now and I'm speeding home. I get home and Melinda is still catching fish. This, of course after she determined that catching them with the plants in there was not going to work. So, now the water is murky as all hell. I try to siphon more outt of there to clear it up a bit. I think/hope that we caught all of them.
Any ways, we then started scooping gravel out of the bottom of the tank into the last bucket. Filled it up. As soon as we lifted the tank off of the stand, there was a loud pop. Didn't feel anything yet. As soon as we got outside onto the porch, my side came loose and really started coming out. Ok, we get the 55 onto it's new home and I begin filling up the only bucket we have after getting all of the gravel in there..
After the water level was up high enough, I dumped the 2 buckets of fish that melinda caught (and I think.hope that was all of them.. we think so.. I just worry a lot) straight into the tank. Plugged in the heater and filters and threw all/most of the plants in there and headed back to work. I made it back at 10pm on the dot. My back is killing me. And so begins the rebuild process..