About me & Opinions... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
About me & Opinions...

Hello to All!

This is my first post so i'll give you all a quick run down of the fish n plants i'm keeping at the moment...

Tank 1 - 24" x 12" x 15"
8 x Tiger Barb
1 x Bristlenose Plec
Assortment of Vals
Java Fern
Lace Java Fern

Tank 2 - 24" x 12" x 15"
1 male betta (in box till he gets his own tank)
3 x Bandit Cory's - Going to a friend soon
7 x Red Cherry Shrimp
Java Fern
Anubias Nana
Lace Java Fern

Tank 3 - 36" x 15"/13" x 18"
8 x Angels
3 x Bolvian Rams
10 x Cardinal Tetra
8 x Silver Hatchets (Ariving Soon)
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig' Tropic Sunset,
Lace Java Fern,
Java Fern
Aponogeton longiplumulosus
Salvinia natans

Tank 3's a seabray slope front, so it's 15" wide at the bottom and 13" at the top... It's also the tank in question!

I've been into plants for a while but this is my biggest challenge as yet, i want this to be my show tank! Here's a picture as it is

Suggestions on how to make this an impressive tank welcomed!

I've got 2.2wpg, not added co2 but using flourish excel every other day

Here are my thoughts i need to fill out the Hygrophila in that right corner. I need a suitable forground plant, i'm bidding on some hairgrass on ebay at the mo, but i'm not 100% how well that will do without co2 and 2.2wpg? also i think i should stick to one type of plant growing up the wood on the left, i'd quite like to try another plant other than a. nana or one of the java's... any suggestions?

Last edited by chrism; 03-15-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 01:58 PM

Welcome!
Start by getting some pressurized co2 and increasing your light strength a bit. But remember when you make that jump you have to facilitate it with a comprehensive fert regime (dry ferts from Greg Watson are great). Once that is done, then you can start worrying about more demanding plants.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 03:20 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
Welcome!

Ditto on the equipment purchases, but you are probably also asking for aquascaping advice, maybe plant choices (?).

You could try bolbitus, or african lace fern I think it's called on teh wood. something different, really likes high water flow/current.

Hairgrass might struggle. What TYPE of lighting is it (ie type of bulbs, how many)

I'd also suggest scaling down the picture a little . . .hard to get an idea of the overall feel of it if you gotta scroll over!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Yes i am , especially for the area around/underneath the bogwood, it's obviously pretty dark under there so i'm not too sure what to do with it? Here's a few extra pics, of the left and right sides...

At the moment i cant afford co2 although lighting would be possible probably next month... at the moment i have 1 x 55w PC with Interpet Daylight Plus and 1 x 36w Interpet Triplus... i think i've got those the right way around. what would you recommend? i was thinking about switching the 36w for another 55w.

i've spent nearly all day on the net looking at plant pics lol would microswords struggle too?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode