mystery moss problem solved? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
mystery moss problem solved?

well i love moss. i only had java for a while but intended on getting more in the future. so i was sleeding at a golf corse this winter on a snow day... and then there was a little creek so i looked in and voila there was this beautifull moss covered ledge. so i took some washed it off... put it in my 10g to qt it kinda. then put some in the 55g. so now i have it on several places... so while reading over the forum i saw a post by endcurser about this moss sight. i imediatly clicked it! and i quickly found what i think was the moss. but there is also erect moss that looks VERY similer.

i will get a pic of mine up asap. but for now the local collection in ri is what im really thinking might be the turning point.

what they call stringy moss-> http://www.aquamoss.net/Stringy-Moss/Stringy-Moss.htm

my top choice i think it is. looks like the same thing but the little "leaves" on it are much denser but thats it really

and also erect moss... my second contestent!

http://www.aquamoss.net/Erect-Moss/Erect-Moss.htm

what you think?

also i had wayy too much moss in the tank it completely filled up the 10g so i took a bunch out and tied it to rocks that i will eventually sell once it grows out some. but if for some reason you want it NOW drop me a pm there is a rubber band still exposed on a few rocks because i couldnt get the string to hold down lol. im not sure if its attatched yet. i planned on seeing how it looked late april to see if anyone wanted to buy.

but thats off topic.

has anyone also seen that moss before?

-=- fish newb -=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 08:41 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fish Newb; Just to further comfuse the issue, there is a common moss that also looks like that called Willow Moss here in the south. Other names are Lake Moss and lake weed. It's found all up and down the east coast. Sorry but The moss guys could'nt ID it....Jim
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
i know what your talking about. its deffinatly not that. it almost looks identicle to the "stringy moss" but its denser. i think i have ided it!

ill have to get a pic of it soon...

-=- fish newb -=-

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
i don't exactly have a trained eye, but every moss on that site looked like the exact same image to me!!!??

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode