Plant ID please.. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Plant ID please..

can someone tell me what this is. When I bought it I thought it was glosso, but its growing tall rather than sending out runners under the sub-strate.. It'a rooted in the ground and I've been trying to grow this for like 2 weeks. The tank that it is in is very high light and co2 injected.

heres the picshttp://www.msnusers.com/aropics/75ga...oto&PhotoID=38

and another--->http://www.msnusers.com/aropics/75ga...oto&PhotoID=39

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 03:52 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Looks like glosso to me. Once i bought some just to have it do the same thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

what can I do to make it grow in a carpet? I'm already running over 300 watts of compact PC on my 75 gallon. Thats over 4 wpg.. What am I dooing wrong; do I have to plant the glosso deeper or somthing? Should I trim the tops and replant them?

I've never kept glosso before, but from pics that I've seen glosso should send out runners under the gravel. Mine just grow verticly.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (48/100%)
how tall is your 75 gallon tank. If it is over 20 inches tall you still may not have enough light to grow it in a carpet. You may need MH lighting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)
Chop it down. It'll start sending out runners instead of growing upwards.

Eric

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 AM

Like Ibn suggests - and have some patience too 2 weeks aint much time to grow a carpet. The plant has to ajust to the water, before it can start growing like a weed.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thanks for the info guys// My tank is 18 inches tall, but I deffenitly dont think lighting is an issue. Looking at my tank is like looking at the center of the sun...lol, its really bright. Anyways, Ill try curing the tops and hopefully it will send out runners.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode