Anyone used aquariumplants.com fertilizer tablets? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Anyone used aquariumplants.com fertilizer tablets?

Anyone used these in there tanks? If so how did they work and did you supplement additional ferts or just replace the tabs every few months? According to a sales rep at aquariumplants the tabs need changed every 3 months and no additional ferts are needed. If this is true, I would like to try it out. It seems like a lot of work every 3 months but for me its easier than obsessing over whether I dosed too much or too little of the chemicals/powders.

75 Gallon - 4x65w PC, HP CO2, Eheim 2217 feeding Aquamedic 1000 CO2 Reactor, Fluval 404, 18w UV filter (for emergencies), Peat Moss, Flourite, Eco-Complete and Onyx Substrate
Planted Tank Photo Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

72 Gallon Bow Front Reef with 20 Gallon Sump, MH + PC Hood, Wet/Dry, Calcium Reactor, 11w UV filter (for emergencies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (47/100%)
I think with all gravel/substrate ferts you'll have to replace them after a few months. Seachem Flourish Root Tabs are no different and require changing every 4 months or so I remember correctly.

Gravel ferts aren't exactly necessary unless you have heavy root feeders. You have dose the water column even if you have root tabs. Most plants uptake from the water.

But these AP root tabs look to be interesting enough. Aquabotanic.com is coming out with something soon too.

Best of Luck!

the KK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 01:36 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
I was one of Del's "Beta Testers".

I really like the tabs. I stick them under my rooted plants once every couple of months and have noticed an increase in growth over the Flourish Tabs.

I would recommended them and I will continue to use them.

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 04:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
I wonder if he needs any "Beto testers"?? Sorry, couldn't resist...

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:02 PM

PTrader: (2/100%)
i just stuck in some jungle plant tabs across the front of my tank 0.0.6 and im putting glosso on top of them . Im just experimenting with them i figure it may help the glosso grow faster and make it fill better but not sure , im sure its not gonna hurt . I also stuck a jobes stick under my amazon a few weeks ago but havent noticed anything yet. ill keep a eye and let you know if i see any improvement from the tabs or stick. not exactly what your asking but close
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 03:01 PM
JED
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschmeh
Im just experimenting with them i figure it may help the glosso grow faster and make it fill better but not sure , im sure its not gonna hurt .
Good idea...I'm getting ready to plant some glosso too. I think I'll give it a try as well - Thanks!

FSP#36
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Seachem tabs certainly helped some Hemianthus macranthmoides zoom off when I used it. So I would think it would certainly help with glosso. But probably not needed if you have a rich mulm already.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode