Cheap way to spread Co2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to dharris
Cheap way to spread Co2

OK, I had an extra Aqua-clear 50 laying around. I installed it on my 29 so that the water over flow lands in the way of my Fluval 404 outlet. I installed my DIY Co2 tube right after the power-head just under the sponge. Will this disperse the Co2 throughout the tank?

Thank you for your input and your help,
Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 04:10 PM

and :::: is it helping any???
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Not sure yet, just did it last night. How long should the Co2 take to rise in my tank?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 04:27 PM

that all depends on like how much co2 u are pumping in there how high your ph is and how high the kh is if u got high ph and kh it would take a while
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Fluval 404, AC 50.... sounds like a lot of flow for your 29. Keep in mind that surface agitation is a great way to lower CO2 or remove it from the water column.

IME a inline reactor on a canister filter is an excellent way of distributing CO2 throughout your tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest
Fluval 404, AC 50.... sounds like a lot of flow for your 29. Keep in mind that surface agitation is a great way to lower CO2 or remove it from the water column.

IME a inline reactor on a canister filter is an excellent way of distributing CO2 throughout your tank.
Fluval 404 is turned way down.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
In my 29 gallon tank I can drive the CO2 ppm up to where the fish get bothered by it just using an Eheim diffuser - a ceramic disc diffuser. I keep it under the filter return spray bar so it spreads the little bubbles over most of the tank. With a powerhead you could inject the CO2 into the intake or use the venturi port and that should do a good job if you like the CO2 mist method. My next change will be to a powerhead with the CO2 tubing stuck into the intake - I hate trying to keep the diffuser disc clean, and it keeps shifting position out from under the spray bar now, plus I need more water circulation.

Hoppy

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode