mixing ferts in a 118 ml bottle for a 2.5g - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
mixing ferts in a 118 ml bottle for a 2.5g

I have been messing around with the fert calc that has been recommended here 1000 times to try and figure out the right calculations for a 118ml bottle to dose a 2.5g. I have the potassium nitrate, phosphate, and sulphate. I would like to mix all three together and add 10 drops every other day. 15 - 17 drops = 1ml. Can anyone help me do this by 1/8 tsp's

Thanks,
Ry

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 01:19 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hum!

This is the products you need

>KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate, for the Nitrate,

>K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate) for the Potassium

>KH2PO4 (MonoPotassium Phosphate) for the phosphate

+ the Iron an chelated trace elements ((7% Fe, 1.3% B, 2% Mn, 0.06% Mo, 0.4% Zn, 0.1% Cu, EDTA, DTPA)

and sometimes Magnesium (MgSO4)

For more infos on the method like PMDD Go to
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/
Personally , I will not recommend to try to make a Magic bullet with everything together, to much variance happen in a tank for that.
I fertilize with my Nitrate separate, Potassium separate and Phosphate separate and add Iron + trace
element separate. This give me the maximum control on what my tank need and suppress the possibilities of buildup
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
i have all the ingriedients you mentioned here. I belive you over looked my question. I need the proper formula to mix the nitrate, phosphate, and sulfate in a 118ml bottle to yield me the proper dosage for 1ml of drops for a 2.5g on a scheduale of every other day. Please read the whole post before responding.

Thanks,
Ry

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 01:50 AM

Heuh!

I am trying to help here, I think I understand the question and try to warn you about mixing all those together because each tank setup have different fertilizer need and all that change over time.

By the way sulfate is only sulphur, you probably want to say Potassium Sulfate

I'm not sure what you mean by >to yield me the proper dosage for 1ml of drops for a 2.5g on a schedule of every other day.

How many ppm or mg/l you want to achieve on each Macro element

Suggested:
NO3 5 / 10 ppm
P04 0.2 / 0.5 ppm
K 20 30 >50 ppm
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 03:04 AM

chuck gladds got i nice calulater for doing that http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_p...osage_calc.htm just type in how big your tank is and how many ml u want to make up bingo u got it

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode