Just Fun Stories - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Talking Just Fun Stories

It just seemed lately that a lighter side and the fun of keeping a planted tank would be nice to share. In my 25 gallon there are neons, corys, and a male betta. The betta is usually the most docile and playful fish in the tank, but he is not sure what to do with one particular cory. Floating in the tank is a betta log that I had hoped would bring the betta up to the top of the tank. The betta still spends large amounts of time playing in among all the plants, but has also claimed and enjoys his betta log. One day it was discovered that a cory was lounging in the betta log quite at home and no amount of gill flaring fin fanning was going to encourage him to relocate. Now the log is periodically shifted so that the cory will move out and allow the betta to have the floating log back! Please share your funny tank stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
At my LFS in a tank with Pygmy cories there was one single tiny oto. It was adorable watching him swim mid-level with the cories, they seemed to accept him as one of their own. He was a bit skinny though, so he was the one I brought home. He now has realized that he's an oto, and is pot-bellied from algae. Maybe some day I'll get him some Pygmy cories to play with.

ADA Gentleman #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Just this afternoon I gave my fish a frozen cube of blood worms (their typical afternoon snack, or an algae pellet). I have 1 German Blue Ram, some Green Neons, Gold Barbs and Zebra Loaches. My GBR is always a pig, attempting to 'guard' the snack from everyone else (although usually fails at this as I spread it out pretty evenly throughout the tank). This time I was in a rush and just dropped the cube in without defrosting first. Once it sank, my GBR promptly grabbed the ENTIRE clump of blood worms and attempted to make a 'mad dash' away with it under my large piece of drift wood, spreading a trail of blood worms in his wake. Too funny!

“Alive without breath,
As cold as death;
Never thirsty, ever drinking,
All in mail never clinking.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Re: Just Fun Stories

Whenever I stick my hand in my tank to trim plants, my betta is always attacking my hand. Sometime I forget about her and when she attacks my hand I freak out.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
My betta once grabbed an algae wafer and swam around with it in his mouth like a dog with a frisbee
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Talking LOL Great food stories

Those are awesome stories about feeding time. It always amazes me how starving fish are every time they are fed!! Somehow all my fish look like this at feeding time, except the corys.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
I was up late one night and as a result, my fish were up with me as their tank is on my desk. One of the pygmy cories was trying to sleep though and every time the school of them went by him, one would bounce on him, or nudge him as if to say "come on, let's play!"

They have the best little personalities.

7g nano, a work in progress

3g semi-emersed bowl

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 04:29 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnic05 View Post
Just this afternoon I gave my fish a frozen cube of blood worms (their typical afternoon snack, or an algae pellet). I have 1 German Blue Ram, some Green Neons, Gold Barbs and Zebra Loaches. My GBR is always a pig, attempting to 'guard' the snack from everyone else (although usually fails at this as I spread it out pretty evenly throughout the tank). This time I was in a rush and just dropped the cube in without defrosting first. Once it sank, my GBR promptly grabbed the ENTIRE clump of blood worms and attempted to make a 'mad dash' away with it under my large piece of drift wood, spreading a trail of blood worms in his wake. Too funny!
Haha this one made me crack up.

My Danios are absolute nut jobs. They usually swim around the tank doing their own thing but once my hand enters the tank for trimming, they group up like a pack of wolves and formulate an attack and execute it on my hand, never fails at making me laugh!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterlook View Post
My Danios are absolute nut jobs. They usually swim around the tank doing their own thing but once my hand enters the tank for trimming, they group up like a pack of wolves and formulate an attack and execute it on my hand, never fails at making me laugh!
I'm envisioning them with helmets and the 'leader' saying, "Attaaack!" Haha, love Danios!

“Alive without breath,
As cold as death;
Never thirsty, ever drinking,
All in mail never clinking.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnic05 View Post
I'm envisioning them with helmets and the 'leader' saying, "Attaaack!" Haha, love Danios!
That's exactly it, it's hilarious! One of the golds is huge and bullies everyone else but when the enemy arrives, he's everyone's best friend all of a sudden. Great little fishies!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode