BBA only on driftwood question.....so far - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
BBA only on driftwood question.....so far

My 150 has been running for 10 months, 8 months of low tech and the last two months with CO2 and EI. I would consider it medium light with one strip of 27 LEDs in a 28 inch deep tank. Drop checker is a medium green and the plants all grow very fast, some as much as 1-2 inches a day as they get closer to the surface. The tank substrate is 80% covered with plants so a good density. I have plenty of flow in all parts of the tank, all of my plants sway nicely and some lay over as they get closer to the surface.

I have a piece of driftwood that has been in the tank for about nine months. Yesterday I noticed that there are 20-30 small BBA turfs (if that is the correct word) on the wood, ranging from near the surface all of the way to the sand. Most are maybe 1/32" or smaller, a couple are larger. I don't see any evidence of any in other places as of now. I have been reading threads about BBA and am going to pull the wood out and try to clean it off, but was curious if it is natural for BBA to start on driftwood and move on from there or is there something specific about the wood that causes it to only grow there in some cases?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode