54 gallon corner tank lighting...... again - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
54 gallon corner tank lighting...... again

Moved to lighting forum. Can somebody tell me how to delete this? I am a newb.

I recently aquired a 54 gallon corner tank. After several days of research I have come to find that there is no great way to light this thing for a planted tank. The width at the top of the tank is about 30 inches wide at the widest point. Unfortunately most 30-inch wide dual t5 fixtures only hold 24-inch bulbs which i am guessing are not going to quite cut it. Member Dave-H has seemed to have good results with a Coralife 30 inch fixture that houses custom 27.5 inch bulbs. After reading terrible amazon reviews on this fixture i decided it is probably not the best choice. At this point i am looking at either going with a Aquatic Life 30 inch fixture with 24 in bulbs or going with this seeming to be hard to find 96 watt coralife compact solution. I can't seem to find any reviews on this thing. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? What should i get? I would rather not spend over 150 if possible. Thanks.

Last edited by ChuckD; 02-21-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: moved

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode