How low can you go? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thumbs down How low can you go?

So I recenly found a fish forum called AquariaCentral.com and they are being sued by Monster Energy drink because of the M on their logo MonsterAquariaCentral. I give them my support and join their fight to laugh at Monster Energy Drink. Don't mess with science! As far as I read in recent news they are thinking of only allowing energy drink to be sold in pharmacys. Don't drink that posion! But don't listen to me because we all know if you drink Monster Energy Drink you will be magically transformed into a champion motorcross rider...

http://www.aquariacentral.com/

So a guy walks into a Pet Store

Guy: "I have Algae on my drift wood!"

Pet Clerk: "Take two Plecos and call me next week."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EHEIM Classic 2213
Check out my blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
Just cyber bullying on a corporate level. nonsense really.

There's a petition that you can sign against this stupidity. I think it was originally posted by msjinkzd.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
The letter M and the word "Monster" are now private property and shall not be used except in reference to Monster energy drink. God bless Corporate America.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
No idea how that is all going tbh. I believe it has now gone to court though so details are scarce.

Might as well sue M&M...they only HAVE the letter M.

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
The letter M and the word "Monster" are now private property and shall not be used except in reference to Monster energy drink. God bless Corporate America.

does that mean the cookie monster will have to change his name? :-P

Will

on Facebook.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
On February 24, Monster Energy Company sent a cease & desist
looks like old news. any new news regarding what has happened?

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
looks like old news. any new news regarding what has happened?
yah, they were trying to get a petition going but the thing went to court. Because it is in court, Li (the guy in charge of MFK) is kinda having to be scarce on details on the trials due to legal reasonings and fun stuff like that.

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
The problem is really with patent and copyright law in this country. In a nutshell, if they didn't "vigorously" defend their brand and be able to document it, there defense in any subsequent real challenges would be seriously undermined in that court fight. Like everything else we do in this country, it ends up in the hands of attorneys, politicians, theorists and administrators that do nothing to add value to the hard work of others. They just make it more and more difficult to navigate any business, large or small, for or non-profit. That certainly doesn't make me in favor of Monster's path in the case whatsoever. They could've chosen a threat much closer to real than this one.

Tags
monster energy drink

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode