Aqua-Botanics - The Planted Tank Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aqua-Botanics

The first time I ordered from this company some plants were missing from my order and others substituted. I have read nothing but good things about this company so figure it must have been a fluke. I decided to try them again and placed an order for Riccia back on the 23rd. I was expecting it be here by now and just found out it hasn't even been shipped yet after inquiring about it. I know most of you have ordered from this company with no problems, so I wonder what is going on now?

AK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Have you emailed the company? Have you called?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I emailed yesterday to find out the status of the order and the only response to the email was "tomorrow". There are other companies out there who truly want your business than to deal with a company like this.
AK

Last edited by AngelKing; 11-29-2005 at 03:49 PM.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)
Just had a similar experience myself.

I'll be taking my orders elsewhere in the future.

Eric

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

Unhappy

I was hoping to order from them in the near future... this doesn't sound good.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 04:46 PM

PTrader: (2/100%)
I too have purchased from there and had same xp.

These are the only places so far that I will purchase plants from:

Plantedtank - swap n shop

Aquriumplants.com

aquabid.com

all with excellent results!

Man you guys are up early
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)
LOL, you kind of have to in order to make it to work on time.

Anyways, gonna write up my recent experience with my order in another thread.

Eric

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
OK, let me try and explain this in the simplist of terms so anyone can understand it...

The 23rd was last Wed. the day before Thanksgiving. I only ship orders 3 days a week. Monday thru Wed. The reason for this is because if I shipped on a thursday or friday, the order would not ship within 2 days, but take 4 or 5 days because of the weekend.

You expected your order to ship the dame day you ordered it. Thats real nice when it can happen, but in the real world that is a lot to hope for. Every company has a cut off day and a cut off time. On my WEB site, I explain orders normally ship out the FOLLOWING week from when you place an order...but at the very least I need ONE day notice to ship an order!! Not the same day.

In addition, if I had shipped it last Wed, because of Thanksgiving, it would not have arrived until Monday of this week! Thats SIX days in freezing temps! I did ship some orders on Wed because my driver told me they would be delivered on Friday, but I found out later he was wrong. Be glad you were not one of those people. I am now replacing any damaged plants people report because of the delay.

I am bending over backwards to try and accomadate people, but I have a real hard time understanding why any reasonable person would think it nessary to take something as trite as this public. Maybe I should just drink Red Bull and spread wings so I can deliver them myself. I understand when I make serious mistakes and really screw up why someone would be upset. Is this a big screw up?

When I emailed you saying "tommorrow", I was telling when it was shipping. If that was too brief a statement, I apologize.

IBN, you have the same exact issue as this other person. You also placed your order on Wed, the day before Thanksgiving. Now is this for real? Are you really upset, or is this whole thing just setting me up in the first place? I just have a real hard time believing people can really be that unreasonable.
If anyone else has any issues, please feel free to contact me.

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (20/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H
In addition, if I had shipped it last Wed, because of Thanksgiving, it would not have arrived until Monday of this week! Thats SIX days in freezing temps! I did ship some orders on Wed because my driver told me they would be delivered on Friday, but I found out later he was wrong. Be glad you were not one of those people.
Just FYI: I'm one of those people. Every single one of my plants was fine (though a bit of the h. micranthemoides was a little mushy).

I've ordered from AB multiple times and never been dissatisfied. I tend to think issues about shipping et al. are fairly clearly spelled out on Robert's website.

G

Walker of the world's weird wall.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Thank you Gren, I was begining to think I was losing my mind

Quote:
These are the only places so far that I will purchase plants from:

Plantedtank - swap n shop

Aquriumplants.com

aquabid.com

OK, lets ask Del at aquariumplants.com, if someone emails you an order on Wed afternoon, can you ship it out Wed afternoon as a normal practice?

How long does it take to get plants on Aquabid? If you win a bid, does the person send it out to you rhe same day?

Robert Paul Hudson

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H
OK, let me try and explain this in the simplist of terms so anyone can understand it...

That very first sentence shows the lack of respect you have for your customers.

And I did not expect for the order to ship out the very same day I placed the order. But it has been 6 days without a word from you.

This is a copy of the email I just sent you

The least you could have done was send an email to say what you were going to do. I probably would have agreed with you and said to wait. I know, you will say you were to busy. But since you did not do that and left me hanging, now we have what we have here. You seem to have plenty of time to answer all of these emails.

AK

"Let me guess, this is not about the achohol or tobacco"
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
You cat's need to go private with this please...

Craig

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by WfxXx
You cat's need to go private with this please...
There is a header at the top that states the name of the thread. If you don't want to read the post in that thread, then don't.

AK

"Let me guess, this is not about the achohol or tobacco"
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (47/100%)
Probably because this is a private matter, this should be discussed privately.

Because you are still resistant to this idea, this thread will be likely closed in the near future.

There is no reason to discuss this openly..right now..wait till you get your order, then maybe you can complain later..

I know you are/were excited to get your plants, but understand the Thanksgiving holiday, and the delays it may cause. And don't nit pick every word that comes out of one's mouth. B/c when one reads something, it doesn't always mean that you are reading the right "tone" of the message.

Anyways, I bet when you do get your plants, you'll be happy with em.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ocean!

the KIDD

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
And I did not expect for the order to ship out the very same day I placed the order. But it has been 6 days without a word from you.
You never contacted me either until Monday, which I promptly anwered. I says on my WEB site, orders ship the following week. So asuminmg that, why would I contact you on a holiday? Or over a holiday weekend? Am I entitled to a weekend off? Or do I have to work 7 days week for you and Eric?

Robert Paul Hudson

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode