Seasonal tank decoration - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Seasonal tank decoration

Nights are getting colder, it's that season again. I am feeling christ-messy. Giving, sharing, caring, shopping... all the good stuff. Since it is still too early to decorate christmas trees, I started with my tanks.

First, pulled out a few strands of Christmas Moss (of course!), disconnected the heater and arranged it all nicely:

Used some brand name tooth floss (non-mint, non-cinnamon, non-waxed, for goodness sake) and wrapped the whole thing lightly.

A few helpful hints:

Unplug the heater before taking out of the water and applying moss.
Do not wrap the area with the heating elements, Christmas trees are known to catch fire.
Do not tie the knot to the adjustment knob. Tie it to the cable.

Since I was at it, I continued with my trusty Aquaclear Mini. Never liked it sticking into my mountainscape, now I'll convert it into a tree:

If attempting this, do not wrap the moss around the input strainer. I know it will cause problems in the long run!

Okay, all done. Why use fat white floss instead of black invisible cotton thread? Because in a few weeks it will be invisible anyway, and I will know the moss is growing well. All the heat and flow, can't ask for more

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 02:02 AM

PTrader: (4/100%)
Hahaha...how festive. You could use cherry shrimp as moving ornaments.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 02:04 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
Looks like you had some fun, let us know how ot looks in a few weeks!!

|
|
|

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 02:43 AM

PTrader: (6/100%)
Did you whistle/hum/sing christmas songs whilst making that?

Hehe, I've bee nthinking about making some ornaments to hang on stem plants out of fishing line and red and green glass beads.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
I had a glass or thwee of 98 Chianti... does that count?? It sure didn't help tying the knots.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 04:59 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
Well if we want to be politically correct, we are going to have to change the name of Christmas moss to "Generic holiday" moss...

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to Matak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H
Well if we want to be politically correct, we are going to have to change the name of Christmas moss to "Generic holiday" moss...
And a happy significant faith day celebration to you all

Steve

Filstar advocate #29
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
eds

PTrader: (8/100%)
Enjoy the upcoming solstice, all!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
Sitting next to the tank is a "rountund lit on spiked nog" feller with a funny red suit dropping in brine for all the good little algae eaters.

Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to Matak
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantbrain
Sitting next to the tank is a "rountund lit on spiked nog" feller with a funny red suit dropping in brine for all the good little algae eaters.

Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com

I've been good!

Steve

Filstar advocate #29

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode