Plant selections? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (4/100%)
Plant selections?

I'm almost ready to order plants for my 20g high but i need your opinion as this is my first planted tank, these are the plants i put together and how they will be placed in the tank, Jave Ferns and Annubias Nana will be on a piece of driftwood to the right and behind that i will put Ludwigia Repens, Crypt (wendeti red), and also Limphonilla Aromatica if i can find one, and finally, the left half of the tank will be glosso only, what do you think of this plan, please advice, especially if i need to add more plants or substitution, thank you.
Tank..20g high
hagen co2
3-1/2 inches eco-complete
1x65 10,000k CF
seachem micros and macros, until i learn
204 fluval canister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Your plan sounds fine. You have the light and the equipment.....

I can't advise as to how it is all going to look. Only you can control that! Once you do get things going, please start a journal in the photo section of the forum so we can all follow along.

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
Sounds pretty good. If this is your first planted tank, I'll start by saying 'plant heavily with fast-growing stem plants right from the start'. Probably the biggest mistake with first-timers is not planting heavily enough and then algae problems ensue. You could go with slower growing plants like anubias and java fern, but I would suggest to go with faster growing plants that suck nutrients like hygrophila difformis(Wisteria), cabomba, m. mattogrossense(similar to cabomba, but I've found that it grows much faster and consumes nitrates a fair amount). Other plants on that list would be various species of bacopa, vals and ludwigia. At least initially, you may want to get some anachris and/or hornwort. They grow fast and suck nutrients like crazy. If you don't like how they look, no matter, you can always remove them when the tank grows in a little. Good luck! Post some pics when you get it up and running.
-Ryan

90g journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SAPS member -

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (4/100%)
Yes, this is my first planted tank, i'm glad to hear my plan is ok, i just want it to look simple, at least for now, but i will get some of those fast growing plants until the tank gets its balance, and thanks for the advice guys.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode