LEVEL of mikro and makro elements ??? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
LEVEL of mikro and makro elements ???

Hi.
I need to now what lvl of makro and mikro do you have.
I have planted tank with a LOT of plants and i give to fresh water when i change them 15 ppm K, 5 ppm Mg , 0,5 ppm Po4, 15 ppm NO3 , and mikro I add daily in size 4 ml ant taht is 28ml in week(0,1ppm Fe in week, 0,1/7 ppm fe daily) and what is not as should be.
for example if i add 15 ppm k to fresh water i want to reach 15 ppm of K in water kolumn.I czange 30% of water every week. if the plants eat all K and before changing water K is 0 ppm when i add 15 ppm to 1/3 water(fresh) i reach aproximeatly 5 ppm K in water column. Good i thiink ?

ok now my problem.More plants semms to be in good condition but some no.
For example hatarantara have black colour in underside of leavs and the black colour push through the top of leavs in all the leaves without 2 maybe 4 new.Is that possible the Mg is to low????
The conus(taper,bell) of indica, aromatica,and stellata are dying and i dont now that is too low mikro or too high?? I add 0,1 ppm fee weekly but i add daily this mikro in size 0,1/7 ppm. My tank now http://republika.pl/andkoni/akwarium6.jpg
http://republika.pl/andkoni/akwarium4.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Welcome. Ummm judging from the pictures, I don't see a problem at all...very nice scape...the slope to the back is well groomed!!

As far as dosing, I think your macros are fine, but I would add a bit more of micros...how is your CO2 and light levels?

Or better yet, a more complete listing of the specs of your tank:

how much light?
CO2
kH degrees
size of tank

Those key specs will more or less dictate your dosing schedule.

Re-boot!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Mikro and makro.

[QUOTE=Georgiadawgger]Welcome. Ummm judging from the pictures, I don't see a problem at all...very nice scape...the slope to the back is well groomed!!

>>>THX.NOW when i have more plants the heterantera are horrible

As far as dosing, I think your macros are fine, but I would add a bit more of micros...how is your CO2 and light levels?

>>>Yeah i think as you but i want to now the opinion of other aquanauts

Or better yet, a more complete listing of the specs of your tank:

how much light?
>>> 300W HQI pendant low.
CO2
>>> about 15 ppm
kH degrees
>>>about 8-9
size of tank
>>>375 l , 300 l netto

I mixed my mikro myself and work great in low lighted aquariums.
I added 0,1 fe / week (4ml mikro) and today i increase to 0,2ppm fe/week(8ml mikro).
Sry for my englisch

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Not bad lighting...my suggestion...get your co2 up to at least 30 ppm. You're at the half way point and should see considerable improvement if you do that first. Coinciding with the increase in co2 will be the need for more ferts. Take a look at the dosing schedule sticky note (first thread) in the "Water parameters" section and go from there.

You definitely need to increase your micro nutrients. BUT, you need high co2 levels to correspond with the high nutrient loads.

Re-boot!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

[QUOTE=Georgiadawgger]Not bad lighting...my suggestion...get your co2 up to at least 30 ppm. You're at the half way point and should see considerable improvement if you do that first. Coinciding with the increase in co2 will be the need for more ferts. Take a look at the dosing schedule sticky note (first thread) in the "Water parameters" section and go from there.

Ok a try to increase the lvl of co2.Tommorow i should be have an ro and when i decrease my hardness the co2 will be better dissole and i reach probably more ppm of co2 in my tank. Now i have hard water but i fight as well.

You definitely need to increase your micro nutrients. BUT, you need high co2 levels to correspond with the high nutrient loads.

Ok i increase co2 and micro and i look for the this thread and for some days i write what is happend
Thx

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode