Location of CO2 diffuser - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Location of CO2 diffuser

I have a dilema. I have my CO2 diffuser on the left side of my tank. There is a lot of hairgass in my tank fyi. The hairgrass on the left is covered the entire left side while on the right side, the hairgass has only covered little of the substrate. Should I move the diffuser around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Algae Grower

Not sure if I understand. Are you afraid the hairgrass is going to grown onto the diffuser?

Carpet-Pond

Eheim Pimp #159: Eheim 2233 Ecco & Eheim 2211 canisters.

55g planted- 80deg F.
2 Coralife Aqualights 65w 6700k + 2 15w lights .
Pressurized CO2 5lb tank.
Substrate: 1" Tex blast, 2" Flourite & Eco Complete, ~.25" sand.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 03:49 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
I think that you are wondering why the hairgrass is denser closer to the diffuser? I have no idea, but I wonder how much circulation you have in your tank, possibly you are not moving the nutrients around enough?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 03:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
I've always placed my diffusers in the middle area and had no adverse problems ith more growth on one side. At least not that I noticed. Is the Co2 being diffused through some kind of pump or powerhead?

90g journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SAPS member -
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 05:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyfunk
I think that you are wondering why the hairgrass is denser closer to the diffuser? I have no idea, but I wonder how much circulation you have in your tank, possibly you are not moving the nutrients around enough?
Agree. What kind of filter do you have in the tank. Maybe you could position the diffuser so that the filter outlet blows across it, thus distributing the CO2 enriched water around the tank better.

óBill

|
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I currently use a glass diffuser and a Rena Filstar XP1. I wanted to position the spray bar on the side of the tank but my 20 gallon was no long enough so I put it towards the left-middle. Is it possible to saw the spray bar down in size so I can fit in on the side of the tank?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:49 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
I would think you can shorten your spray bar, but if you do you'll probably need to make the existing holes bigger and add a few new ones too.

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 AM
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
I cut the spray bar on my filter with no problems. Didn't add more holes and I didn't make the existing holes larger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trckrunrmike
I currently use a glass diffuser and a Rena Filstar XP1. I wanted to position the spray bar on the side of the tank but my 20 gallon was no long enough so I put it towards the left-middle. Is it possible to saw the spray bar down in size so I can fit in on the side of the tank?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode