Fish/Plant Clubs in the Sac, CA area? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
Fish/Plant Clubs in the Sac, CA area?

Just wondering if there's anything happening around Sacramento, CA. I know Tom Barr has a group somewhat nearby that meets and has "swap-meet" type things, but perhaps someone could refresh my memory. I'm mostly interested in going somewhere where we can discuss techniques and various aspects of planted aquaria and maybe I would learn a little something in the end. I've never joined anything like that before, but am interested in checking it out.

-Ryan

90g journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SAPS member -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
I'm moving to Davis later this next week.
You are welcomed to come to a meeting in the Bay sometime. email me off list and exchange email addy's.

Once you meet the folks, you'll be hooked and happy about having done the meeting. We are a pretty friendly bunch. And it's free.
Regards,
Tom Barr

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
The only plant club is in San francisco, and they don't meet in the San Jose area very often. The Silicon Valley Aquarium Society in San Jose has a plant study group that is growing in size and many of the San Jose members of the San Francisco plant club are also members of the Silicon Valley club.

There is one general aquarium society in Sacramento, but not much with plants. The Pacific Coast cichlid association also meets in San Jose, but has never had much of a plant following.

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
Thanks Robert. San jose is a pretty decent drive from here. San Francisco would be a little closer, but it would be great if soem folks in the Sacramento area would start up a planted tank club! I realize that only a small portion of the public is into aquariums, less than half of those are into freshwater, and even fewer are into aquatic plants. We pretty much need to take what we can get. Glad to see there ARE groups out there though.
-Ryan

90g journal:

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -

SAPS member -
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
I always pictured San Jose as being closer to Sacramento than San Francisco is! When I was a member of the PCCA, there were a few people from Sacramento who always drove down. It is a long drive. I hated just driving to San Francisco from San Jose! I didn't like the city much any way. I have the same problem up here. Portland is about a 45 minute drive for me, and I am usually just to lazy to make the effort.

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringram
Thanks Robert. San jose is a pretty decent drive from here. San Francisco would be a little closer, but it would be great if soem folks in the Sacramento area would start up a planted tank club! I realize that only a small portion of the public is into aquariums, less than half of those are into freshwater, and even fewer are into aquatic plants. We pretty much need to take what we can get. Glad to see there ARE groups out there though.
-Ryan
There are about 3-4 folks here, maybe more if you go bug the SAS folks.
Realize they might take offense to a plant swap, it cost them $$ in auction sales if no money is exchanged............something that is a key part of Plant clubs.

We use "plant dollars"

I also found a very nice piece of wood for you if interested.
I'll keep a set and see what you think when you get a chance to stop by perhaps next week.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode