CO2 to multiple tanks? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
CO2 to multiple tanks?

What do I need to run pressurized CO2 to multiple tanks?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via MSN to capricorn77 Send a message via Yahoo to capricorn77
I've seen multiple outlets available on ebay, like this one

or this one

You can hook this up to your regulator so that you can run multiple CO2 lines to your multiple fish tanks. Would that work?

Just a thought

member of
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 10:30 PM

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn77
I've seen multiple outlets available on ebay, like this one

or this one

You can hook this up to your regulator so that you can run multiple CO2 lines to your multiple fish tanks. Would that work?

Just a thought
The only problem with those is that theres no way of individually regulating the amount of co2 going into each fish tank. Each one of those outlets requires a seperate needle valve to regulate the co2.

Marcel

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via MSN to capricorn77 Send a message via Yahoo to capricorn77
Ooh, that's a good point. I didn't even think about that.
Wow, that could get expensive pretty quickly then...

member of
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
Is a pH Controller really good to have? Does it regulate how much CO2 goes into the aquarium? If it does, do you still need a needle valve?

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 02:28 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
A pH controller controls pH. With a CO2 system it does this by either allowing CO2 into the aquarium or shutting it off. It's not really needed. Many people here, myself included, run manual systems.

And you really do still need a needle valve even with a pH controller. Otherwise you are going to be blasting very large amounts of CO2 very quickly into the tank.

In the EQUIPMENT forum there is a post with pictures of how I split CO2 between two tanks.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 03:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn77
Ooh, that's a good point. I didn't even think about that.
Wow, that could get expensive pretty quickly then...

Valves run from 11$ each for clippards if you buy them direct or 18$ from vendors or up to 38$ for Nupro valves which are about as good as anyone needs.

Lots cheaper than another gas tank and reg don't you trhink?

Regards,
Tom Barr

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

Its called a manifold. A manifold is a bank of individual needle valves. There are some that attach to the regulator in place of the needle valve on your regulator. This one attaches via the tubing. What I do is open the needle valve on the regulator wide open, connecting the manifold to the needle valve on the regulator via the tubing, and use each line on the manifold to independently control the flow to each aquarium.

These are very high precision needle valves that are very sensitive and accurate. It coems with triple edged brass barbs that hold the tubing so securely often you have to cut the tubing off in order to remove it. No worries about the tubing popping off under pressure. Each needle valve has a locking nut to hold the setting in place so you do not have drift of pressure. Each valve has a buna seal to prevent leaks.

You can not run a ph controller to each line. A pH controller has to be hooked up directly to the regulator and solenoid. I do not use pH controllers any way, so I don't care. I usually keep at least one in stock for sale. If not it takes me two weeks to get one. They are available from 2 to 12 needle valves to a bank for around $20 per needle valve.

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...light=manifold

Oqsy

Eheim Pimp #171

; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Oqsy, thanks for the link to your post. Just what I was looking for!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode