Greg Watson is the man! A+++ - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (47/100%)
Talking Greg Watson is the man! A+++

Hey guys!

I just have to say Greg Watson ranks in the order of A+ class. I order a whole bunch of fertilizers from him on Monday, received them FAST on Wednesday, and unfortunately some of the bags were busted open. So I just emailed him with this problem, and almost INSTANTLY I got an email stating that he would fix the problem, send replacement bags for the opened bags, with no extra charge. He told me politely to not send back the 1/2 - 3/4 lbs left in some the open bags, and just simply said use them up with the new replacement bags. I must say gregwatson.com is providing quality service! Highly recommended. Not only for the price, but for his FANTASTIC friendly customer service.

As you can tell I'm pumped up about it, b/c as a "newbie" I was a little worried about buying odd things like this on the internet, but I guess it goes to show you that there are still quality people like greg watson servicing us hobbyists without taking an arm and a leg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 01:22 PM
jgc
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
+1. I am new to this, and he has been extreamly nice and helpfull.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Greg Watson is a great man, I was suprised of how fast he replied to my e-mails.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
How's this:

I placed an order at 7:15. left for work, and by 8:45 there was an email waiting for me to let me know it had shipped. 1.5 hours? That is the fastest shipping notification I have ever received! Great service, great prices, quick shipping...GregWatson.com ROCKS!

First true attempt at a planted tank.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safado
How's this:

I placed an order at 7:15. left for work, and by 8:45 there was an email waiting for me to let me know it had shipped. 1.5 hours? That is the fastest shipping notification I have ever received! Great service, great prices, quick shipping...GregWatson.com ROCKS!
I got the ferts today. 50 hrs is about as quick as I have ever heard of. Thanks Greg!!!

First true attempt at a planted tank.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Have to agree I have always gotten my orders within 1-2days. I asked him for some extra labels since I keep all my ferts in air-tight jars, he was more than happy to include extras for the ferts I ordered... and for the ferts I ordered a month before!
Thanks again Greg

Retired 2003
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Ain't the Postal Service wonderful?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 01:20 AM

I just ordered ,y first batch of PMDD, but his website said there was an error and to reload after 5 minutes. (This is after paypal and checkout and schtuff)

So.... do I keep hitting the reload button or just be patient?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 05:59 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to GregWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbobarah
I just ordered ,y first batch of PMDD, but his website said there was an error and to reload after 5 minutes. (This is after paypal and checkout and schtuff)

So.... do I keep hitting the reload button or just be patient?
We've exchanged emails now on your order ... but you didn't mention your payment experience to me ...

PayPal has this really neat function that allows you to pay with an eCheck ... but unfortunately, PayPal doesn't send the website shopping cart an order confirmation until your check actually clears which takes about four days ...

Thus, the shopping cart can't tell the difference between a canceled or abandoned order and a legitimate eCheck order since PayPal is silent (i.e. it doesn't send any message at all to the shopping cart) ... until it receives a payment notification from PayPal ...

That is why you got the message you did ... sometimes with a regular paypal or credit card payment, PayPal is just a few seconds (sometimes up to a minute) slow ... so the error message for regular payment transactions says please refresh in about five minutes - which usually gives PayPal the time they need to catch up <grin> ...

But in the case of an eCheck, you would have to wait for about 4 days for the payment to clear before PayPal actually sends that payment confirmation back to the shopping cart ...

Please accept my appology about the confusion ... I certainly think the text message could be improved upon and will see what can be done about it ...

Thanks,
Greg

PayPal says there isn't a work around for this ... The shopping cart is sitting there waiting for a message from PayPal until they send a payment confirmation notification back to my website ...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 PM

Greg Watson is the PMDD pimp!

I just got my order in today! I heard a knock at the door and looked down from the second story window. "I'll be right there! Don't go away!" I yelled at the mail man. I ran downstairs and tripped over the cat, but made it to the door in one piece. For some reason, I pictured huge boxes of mysterious alchemical goodies, and it was a small box with small plastic bags inside.

I lifted each one out and examined the label, my excitement growing with each bag I pulled out. Now I know the recipe for secret sauce, I thought. Sweeeeeet.........

Mr. Watson is super, super cool. I placed the order just a couple of days ago in the afternoon. He emailed me that night to confirm that I wanted what I ordered. LOL....
I admitted I had no clue what was going on so I just picked out what I remember reading about and we spent an hour or two emailing back and forth to get my order *just right* based on what tanks I would be putting it in and my maintenance habits. How's that for help?

Talk about hobbyist helping hobbyist, Greg. You are super awesome.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode