I am thinking of buying a 20 L Seaclear Acrylic
1) Do they degrade under sunlight, or T5HO lamps?
2) Do they melt under T5HO? I am thinking of ZooMed?
I would not use their ridiculously small hood lamp, unless someone can recommend a good bulb for it.
3) Do Small Oto cats, and cherry shrimp scratch the acrylic?
4) How good are Sea Clear Aquariums?
5) Is it safe to polish tanks when full? with Acrylic polishing kit?
For ex: http://www.marinedepot.com/Lifegard_...FIMTCK-vi.html
6) Will Aquaclear pumps work on them?
7) Would a 20 gallon bow much?
8) Do you have to put styrofoam underneath an acrylic tank?
The reason I want acrylic
A) Less chance of leaking. Got nice very wood floors.
B) If someone falls - I have trick knees - an acrylic would probably not break if I accidently hit it. I know it would be mess. But shattered glass could kill.
BTW: Is it necessary to leak test an acrylic tank?
To me, glass looks nicer, but glass can be a disaster.