help with a carpeted 10 gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
help with a carpeted 10 gallon

hello, ive recently started a 10 gallon. I bought 2x 24 watt plant pro arcadia lights, eco complete soil. I am using diy co2 which i have threaded the airline into the filter and it is distributed via the spray bar. i bought
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis

Vesicularia ferriei 'Weeping'
Eleocharis sp
Marsilea hirsuta

in the hope of creating a 'meadow with tree' styled planted tank. Unfortunately i have no money for test kits so cant give you those details. Im purchasing a ph meter and want to know if all i need is a dkh test to check my co2 levels?? Algae has started to grow over the gravel an orangey type and is slowly spreading onto my beloved carpet plants, is there anything I could do to keep the grasses from becoming subdued? any other info or critisisms would be much much appreciated. The grasses are growing by shooting out and my current is quite strong, will they root themselves down or do i have to keep planting them? thanks, martin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Surrounded by Blyxa

PTrader: (27/100%)
You have too much light it sounds like. You don't need a pH meter, you have DIY CO2 so the likelihood of having too much CO2 is low. Just get a dropchecker as the primary risk you will run is not having enough CO2. Also, you need to dose some sort of fertilizer and put in some root tabs for your stems. Pick an all in one or dry ferts and follow EI or PPS Pro dosing instructions from the calculator. If you are having issues with too much flow uprooting plants, point your spraybar at the surface or towards the glass to diffuse some of the flow. Some surface agitation is a great thing, but you can offgas too much CO2 if you overdo it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode