Online fish ordering - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Online fish ordering

Well I have never done this before but yesterday I placed an order for a couple of fish from Liveaquaria.com It's part of Doctors Foster&Smith Has anyone gotten anything from this vender before? I am excited to see how it all pans out I have a tracking number and I should see the order here at my work today by 10:30am. The customer service people tell me I should be fine keeping them in a quiet place here at work then take them home this evening and acclimate them. Just wondering if anyone has had good bad or indifferent luck with order live fish online.....

55gal. Planted Freshwater tank, 2x Fluval HOB C4 power filters, 48" T-5 Fluorescent Fixture with a 54w 10,000k daylight & 54w Actinic light 3 Gouramis, 1 Cory Cat. 10 Tedras & 3 Angels.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Algae Grower

I have ordered from there many times. They have excellent customer service if anything does happen. I have always received really nice fish. Can be a little bit expensive though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Fish actually usually do very well when shipped, normally all will be just fine!!!

Rod

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Algae Grower

I agree, I've ordered from them as well with great results. You pay a little more, but its worth it if you can't find what you need locally!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by treckel View Post
I have ordered from there many times. They have excellent customer service if anything does happen. I have always received really nice fish. Can be a little bit expensive though.
Yeah they are a bit expensive but I did get a real good feeling from the customer service people I have talked to on the supply side of Drfosters so
I thought I would give the other side a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrackeen View Post
I agree, I've ordered from them as well with great results. You pay a little more, but its worth it if you can't find what you need locally!
I can find what I want locally however the one fish store in town is dirty and I don't get the idea that they take care of their stock very well..... And other then that there is a wal-mart and then a pet smart about 30 min away... So I don't have allot of options.

55gal. Planted Freshwater tank, 2x Fluval HOB C4 power filters, 48" T-5 Fluorescent Fixture with a 54w 10,000k daylight & 54w Actinic light 3 Gouramis, 1 Cory Cat. 10 Tedras & 3 Angels.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
I've also ordered from LiveAquaria.com. The plants had pond snails and a few of the fish didn't make it. They only return the cost of the fish, not shipping, which is usually the expensive part. They won't ship you new fish on their dime either. This time(I moved) I ordered plants from AZGardens (which has terrible reviews). The plants were ok and I got MTS snails as a surprise "gift". I didn't order fish from them though. It seems they have the same "return" policies as LiveAquaria though.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)
I orderd some plants Liveaquaria.com. They came very well packed and generously porportioned. I was very pleased.

Darrin

Shrimp Tank:

Arduino Tank Controller:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Algae Grower

I do have an order coming from an Aquabid member coming in the next few days. More expensive, but more likely to be quality fish. We'll see what I get.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Fish are here YAY

Well of course I have not opened the box but the fish got to my work place by 10:00am The box looks good no dents or damage and it is sealed up tight..... They are in a dark quiet room till I take them home and acclimate them tonight.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Used liveaquaria.com once with good results.

For plants, I use aquariumplants.com. Great looking plants, awesome customer service. A couple times I got a few extras in there. They actually forgot a plant on one order and shipped it to me overnight on their dime. Loyal customer now.

210 g - Empty right now
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
I did the same thing (ordered from a guy on aquabid). I am very happy with my transaction. Here are a few pix from my aquarium album. Scroll all the way down to the bottom.

http://imgur.com/a/yviKa

Fish are healthy and happy!

Good luck.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Planted Tank Nation

Hopefully your fish will be in great condition when you acclimate tonight.

Wetspot tropical fish is also a very good supplier for getting fish online. I got 10 rummynose and 10 black neons and everything is still living. I also had a very good experience with ordering from msjinkzd. The quality of fish online far exceeds fish locally 90% of the time.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrackeen View Post
Same here! I've never had a doa and I've ordered at least 10 shipments. I have had one sw fish die within the guarantee and didn't have a problem getting a replacement.

Spec V
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
Never ordered from liveaquaria but heard good things.
I usually order from Msjinkzd-Rachel, never had a doa and
shipping is cheap compared to some other online suppliers.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (20/100%)
Sorry i meant planted aquariums central.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode