Does this ever happen to you? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Yahoo to JfromHouston
Does this ever happen to you?

Does this ever happen to you? You walk into the LFS on a mission to snag a particluar fish and you walk out with something completely different. Today I was on a hatchet fish quest and I walked out with a new bulb, 2 new plants, almond leaves, a CB locally raised Royal Farowella and an Altum the size of a quarter! Needless to say I am pretty excited about the additions but I always wonder how that happens

For anyone in the Houston area Village Tropical on Shepard got some REALLY nice plants in last night. They also have small (half dollar size) Altums (14.95) and red pencils (21.95 a trio, SUPER nice) in as well.

Red Pencil: https://www.plantedtank.net/fishprofiles/30/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

That used to happen to me until i carried a list with me to help keep me on track. After all you have a plan for your tank you might as well stick with it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 03:37 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
Worst unexpected purchasing ever: I go into the store for a stem plant of some kind, and exit with 2 green spotted puffers and some ghost shrimp, for my planted tank!!! Uggh, I ended up getting another tank for the puffers, and made it to brackish before they perished. Talk about unplanned purchases!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
No, that hardly ever happens to me. I have actually missed to get fish that I wanted because I left them in the store a few more days to see how they were doing, and to read up if I really, really wanted them. Once I saw some Epiplatys annulatus that I really wanted, but I waited a few days to see how they kept doing, and when I came back they were already gone (or had perished). I spent several months observing four Festivums in the petstore before I bought them. It's been an awfully long time since I went fish shopping... the ones I have just don't seem to want to die

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 10:08 PM
Algae Grower

Hey J, thanks for the heads-up! I will have to go check out Village tomorrow Mmm, Altums, I could really go mad there

Naomi.
------------------------------------------
Eheim Pimp Club Member #33
75g regular - 2x110W, 1x130W PC, Eheim 2026, Carboplus
54g Corner Bow Front - 2x55W PC, 1x65W, Eheim 2026, Carboplus
55g regular, 2x55W 9325Ks 2x65W 6500Ks, Eheim 2026, Carboplus
Bunch of other tanks:46g bf (latest setup) 2x29, 2x20, 2x10, 2x6 all planted. All tanks 100% Eco-complete, apart frpm the 54g which is laterite.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode