Interesting CO2 reactor story - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey everyone, I thought I would have to share this story with everyone! Well, I recently added more filter floss to my CO2 reactor (click me!) , since too many bubbles were escaping. Well, I took some foam (I got it in a sheet) and rolled it up (like you roll up dough when making cinnamon rolls), and stuck it into the gravel vac; it was a nice tight fit. Now, sometimes a bubbles will get through a tunnle formed by the spirals (like where the filling would be in the cinnamon rolls). But the one place this happens is conveniently located right under the water pump. So, what happens is the bubble floats up and goes throught the part where the water is pulled in by the Rio water pump and the Rio carries the bubble, and pushes it back into the gravel vac! No bubbles lost. Wierd!

-Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Interesting story! Makes me wonder if it would be a good idea to notch the bottom end of the gravel vacuum tube on the side where the pump is located. Hopefully you could coerce any escaping bubbles in that direction!

- Sam P -
plantedtanker in limbo - all tanks currently in storage

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode