My Nature Aquarium - Takashi Amano - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
My Nature Aquarium - Takashi Amano

I just recently asked my brother to order this book for me, since I've heard really good things about it. I just wanted to ask and see if what do you, planted tank members think about it if you own a copy of yourself?

I'm not all into buying books or anything, but when I don't have i-net acess, its good to sit and relax to read something about of the most popular plant gurus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM
pma
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Way to go John, though I don't have a copy of my own, I heard rave reviews of it on several sites...I saw it used for $14.72 @ Amazon (that's Bool 1, Book 2 for $12.89, Book 3 is also available for abt. 10 bux). Great price if you haven't ordered it yet.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via MSN to capricorn77 Send a message via Yahoo to capricorn77
I bought Amano's book 1.

Just my opinion...

The illustrations are amazing, and his tanks are phenomenal.
Unfortunately, I found it frustrating because the book does not (at least I wasn't able to find any) provide you with a detailed list of all the plants that are used for each aquascape. Also, I didn't see any diagrams or "schematics/blueprint" if you will, of how the tank was laid out.

Gorgeous book with pictures to prove, but not very useful when it comes to helping you with the details, layout, plant list, etc.

member of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Planted Member

Books 2 and 3 list the fish and plants used, but some of the scientific names are wrong. These books have great pics, and are great for inspiration.

Nolan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
I got the book off www.half.com, which is similar to www.amazon.com but it seems that prices are half off what they are sold for. I believe I got the book, hard cover for $19.00 brand new.

Something that makes me think is that, fish is also another factor of making an aquarium outstanding, rather than just the hardscape and plants used.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
I got a slightly used copy of vol 1 and 3, the photos are as good as it gets, and there is lots of aquascaping inspiration to be found. Not much technical detail... "3 beetle counters provide 1 bubble per second" or something like that, makes me wonder what that means in terms of ppms.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 02:32 AM

I purchased book 2 a couple months ago. Although lacking in "how to" details, it's inspiring for sure.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 07:40 AM

Personally this book taught me how to aquascape using different plants in different places,very useful but nothing more than this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode