What is the cheapest and best way to ship shrimp? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
What is the cheapest and best way to ship shrimp?

I was thinking about using USPS small flat rate box but they don't carry cube boxes. So seem like i have to go with medium which is about 11 dollar. Is there any other way to ship shrimp? My package is pretty small, it will only holds about 15 shrimps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
There are 7x7x6 boxes that you can order for free from USPS's website. It might not be as cheap as small flat rate boxes, but it's sure cheaper than medium flat rate. Check their web store, lots of variety you can order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbn View Post
There are 7x7x6 boxes that you can order for free from USPS's website. It might not be as cheap as small flat rate boxes, but it's sure cheaper than medium flat rate. Check their web store, lots of variety you can order.
Thanks, I found it. Where can i get a quote on how much its going to be? I got to go to usps office?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
If you're using Paypal, you can use this to make postage:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

You can get quotes on USPS.com or on the link above.

|
|
|
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
I would say the only downfall of the 7x7x6 boxes is you have to ship by weight. I found it being around $7 to ship anywhere in the US from where I'm located. To get an estimate, put in 2lb to the farthest city away form you (prolly somewhere on the east coast) and it's a pretty good estimate. Most of the boxes will weigh just over a pound, but I also found out that shipping a box that weighs 1.3lbs and a box that weighs 2lbs is the same shipping cost.

Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Using the 7x7x6 and a breather bag for 15 shrimp, you can keep it under a pound which helps keep the price down.

Rod

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode