Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Beginner planting questions? Help?
Two nights ago I just planted my first tank (6+ gallon) cube with 2" of EcoComplete. I have some questions about planting.
1. I planted some Dwarf Sag and Water Wisteria but I don't think I got the roots very deep but they are staying in in the substrate? Should I replant to get roots deeper or are they OK if they are staying in?
2. I did not trim the roots on my Dwarf Sag or Water Wisteria. Some were about 1 to 1.5 inches long. Should I pull those up and trim them? If so, how short should they be?
3. I planted Anacharis but there were not any roots (just a stalk). Will the roots grow or does it stay like this?
4. On my water Wiseria, there seem to be some roots growing in the middle of the plant on the stem? Is that a root? Is that how they reproduce?
5. How important is it to bury the roots of my Anubias Bartei Nana deep? I just dug a small trench, put them in, and covered with substrate? Any tips for planning this plant?
Thank you VERY much!